• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What song are you listening to right now?

I love this. Even though I don't like him personally.
He's kind of all style and no substance....but he plays Hendrix riffs very nice.

This is pretty Good. But it's hard to come close to Jimi. Nobody can touch him. Others may be better in certain respects. But he is one of a kind.

It seems somebody decided they weren't good enough to play monterey, so they were not invited. They played some other outdoor concert that summer.

Paul McCartney. Rare late 60's appearence on..uh whats his name. That guy who interviewed Nixon in the 70s. David frost. Yeah sirs. Both of em are sirs.

Sadly the beatles were on the verge of disbanding. The previous good feeling rapport and harmony they had, throughout its formation and peak, (56-66) was broken down by this time. They had begun to get on each others nerves. For various reasons. It was the beginning of the end. They drifted apart in acrimony. The post beatles-era would become particularly uncivil. Especially between and Johnny and Pauly. Sadly there would no reconciliation, even though it was teased many times, it never came to fruition, before one member was viciously shot down. Bringing a finality to the prospect.

Ah The Beatles. As you might be able to tell, this subject was a slight obsession of mine, some time back. I could go on for ever about it. I know a lot about it. Probably more than most.

Not that I'm the only one into this. Being as a well known as they are. I'm sure there are people out there who know alot too. (Maybe even somebody reading this right now.) About Pauly, Richie, Johnny, George, the whole gang. The message is timeless. Paul to this day is still going. Still playing his music. Even though I think it's about time he quit. He's a public figure and everything, he's used to his life being on display, but everybody has to retire eventually.

Well, with John and Yoko being severe heroin addicts from that time through the eventual band demise really was the biggest strain on the other three members, making an already strained relationship between the four into a real hate fest (John's solo 1969 song "Cold Turkey" was about his first attempt at quitting). John was outright the leader until that point and the other three really looked up to him, so when John went off the deep end into a permanent drug fog, Paul took over as leader and the balance in the band was permanently thrown off. John just didn't care any more and decided he didn't want to deal with the others. So when his head did start clearing slightly, he was frustrated with Paul's direction but didn't have the faculties at that point to take back the reins.
Years later, John and Paul did make up and became friends again, and the four did contemplate a reunion when John was living in California and hanging out with them all regularly as "The Hollywood Vampires Club", but Yoko hated the idea and made John come back to New York, where the idea was only brought up in occasional conversation as a possible project in the future.

See...thats were you're wrong, Paul died in 1966. The fake Paul took over as leader, and thats why John was so angry. He wanted Yoko to be the leader of the band.

But seriously, I think John Lennon said he was mad cause, Paul wanted more power, and final say on everything, and he felt that wasn't fair to himself and the other members. But I would guess Yoko got in his ear and convinced him to quit, and her sitting in on studio sessions didn't help tensions. Broke the solidarity of the band. So it's true, Yoko DID break up the beatles. Nobody liked her. Certainly not Paul at the time. Though I think he apologized for being mean to her years later.

I think the closest they came to reuniting was in 1977:
"Lorne Michaels half-jokingly offered the Beatles $3,000 to reunite on SNL during its first season. Paul McCartney happened to be in town when the show aired. Both he and John Lennon saw it and nearly went to the NBC studio to take Michaels up on his offer, but decided it was too late and that they were both too tired."

Would have been great if Lennon had survived the Reagan era. Almost certainly, they would have collaborated in the studio, or tv, or concert. There would be many chances. If not the 80's, the 90's. Anthology Box set would have been the perfect time and place I imagine for them to take advantage of an opportunity to reunite.

New Threads

Top Bottom