• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What song are you listening to right now?

None, but 'My Sharona' is stuck in my head.

Dunt diddy dunt... duh duh dunt dah

Maybe its stuck in your head now, and that at least is a comforting thought.

None, but 'My Sharona' is stuck in my head.

Dunt diddy dunt... duh duh dunt dah

Maybe its stuck in your head now, and that at least is a comforting thought.
Fortunately that's not one of the annoying songs that can get through my filters, so you have my sympathy. I have a favorite song I'll sing LOUDLY in my head and it will sometimes drown out the annoying one.

"24 Hours From Tulsa" by Gene Pitney
(A 60's song about a guy breaking up with his wife by letter because he met another woman on his journey back home to Tulsa).

"24 Hours From Tulsa" by Gene Pitney
(A 60's song about a guy breaking up with his wife by letter because he met another woman on his journey back home to Tulsa).

Another good Gene Pitney song was "Something's gotten hold of my heart", the solo version, not that naff duet with Marc Almond.

I really don't know how else to express myself except through music most of the time.

What I'm sort of relating to this at the moment:

Boundaries. Equality in relationships. Stating wants and needs. Self-respect. Clarity. Not making assumptions. Or: making rules and expectations explicit. Proactively seeking that out. Knowing that I deserve to have this. Knowing despite feeling. Not repeating the past.

Aloneness. What I had to go through to have the values I do now. The relativeness of fears. That nothing is more terrifying than repeating the past.

Non-attachment. Respecting our differences and the healthy and essential independence that all beings maintain with one another. Trust, which right now means assuming good intent no matter what.

These ladies are super shiny. :D
I really enjoy this cheerful and nostalgic (but definitely not cool) song from one my favourite music animes, and the live performance looks like a really fun event. I wish I could go to gigs like this. :)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom