• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What should I spend my money on?

Theatre tickets or Xbox game? What to buy?

• Tickets to Addams Family

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Cities Skylines on Xbox

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Save up for both, the show's not till September

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
I would get one now and save for the other. Probably get the tickets now, just in case they're not available down the line and save for the game, which will always be available (and will likely go down in price).

This is a great point. The show might not be until september but that doesn't mean tickets will be available. If you can already afford the tickets, get them now before it's too late. You can always get the game at a later date and that way you get to enjoy both, but buying the game or waiting to save for both might mean you miss out on the show.

"A penny saved is a penny earned." - Benjamin Franklin
When I was young I spent $40 on four pieces of CSA currency (this was C. 1988), much to the amusement of my schoolmates. They were of the opinion that NES games would have been a better investment. I can get most of those games now for about 25 cents or even less. I still have that CSA scrip, and $40 might get you one piece!

I bought the game, but I don't like it so I'm going to return it to Game tomorrow and put the money towards tickets to the Addams family musical.

Bet the Crucible Box Office loves me, booked 3 shows over the last few weeks including 2 this week, booked Mamma Mia for next year, Wedding Singer for July 19th, and Our House for August 17th, if my Brother doesn't bring the kids up for the Panto again I might book for that in December.

I bought the game, but I don't like it so I'm going to return it to Game tomorrow and put the money towards tickets to the Addams family musical.

That's a pity. I really wish that game demos hadn't died a death, as there are a lot of games that I like the look of but won't buy when they're released in case there's something I don't like. Will Game take it as a return? The one here won't give a refund if you've broken the seal on the box, they'll just take it as a trade in instead (so less money, although not always a massive amount).

"A penny saved is a penny earned." - Benjamin Franklin
When I was young I spent $40 on four pieces of CSA currency (this was C. 1988), much to the amusement of my schoolmates. They were of the opinion that NES games would have been a better investment. I can get most of those games now for about 25 cents or even less. I still have that CSA scrip, and $40 might get you one piece!
Where are you getting NES games for 25cent, do they actually work?? Many places will sell old cartridges cheap but if you get them and try them they don't work. Getting one that's tested and guaranteed too work often (depending on the game of course) costs more than they did originally. I've had so many old cartridges stolen because they are worth a small fortune... -._-. I want to replace them but I just don't want to spend 30-70-90$ per cartridge again and now they don't even have boxes/instructions. I've bought many on the Wii now since buying digital is way cheaper and nobody can freaking steal them. It just doesn't have the original feel, *sigh*.

Pokemon red and blue I always see for 40-50$ these were originally 30$

Where are you getting NES games for 25cent, do they actually work?? Many places will sell old cartridges cheap but if you get them and try them they don't work. Getting one that's tested and guaranteed too work often (depending on the game of course) costs more than they did originally. I've had so many old cartridges stolen because they are worth a small fortune... -._-. I want to replace them but I just don't want to spend 30-70-90$ per cartridge again and now they don't even have boxes/instructions. I've bought many on the Wii now since buying digital is way cheaper and nobody can freaking steal them. It just doesn't have the original feel, *sigh*.

Pokemon red and blue I always see for 40-50$ these were originally 30$
Mainly at yard sales. These games are the Original NES types, excluding the few truly collectible types. Some, like the original Zelda cartridge, had internal memory storage batteries that need to be replaced.

Mainly at yard sales. These games are the Original NES types, excluding the few truly collectible types. Some, like the original Zelda cartridge, had internal memory storage batteries that need to be replaced.
I can't go to yard sales, trying to park on the street outside someone's house and being in someone's yard just gets to me too much.

New Threads

Top Bottom