• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What operating system are you using?

El Capitan.

I hate Windows

4d1.jpg

Win 10, wish I hadn't left NT behind all those years ago, it was difficult at first, but it's the first system I learned. It's the one I know best. I knew how to fix it, Win 10 keeps looping from start up to windows boot, think it's fixed, but it's annoying. Think I'm at the stage now, where I will being to look at Linux, something I had installed on a second drive, but didn't learn very well. Time to learn something new.:cool:

Windows 10 on my main laptop, GalliumOS on my Chromebook (couldn't stand ChromeOS)

Hmm, I have a Chromebook, and for various reasons I don't really get on with Chrome OS, can't do much with it, what's GallumOS?

I'll hit Google after tea for info unless you can tell me anything?

1. SuSE Tumbleweed
2. OS X current
3. just about everything else on some disk/system: various Microsoft environments, Linux distros, OpenBSD, Solaris, SunOS, Inferno, ...

Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition. There's a few cosmetic things I miss from 7 that aren't in 10 like wallpaper changing after a set amount of time, but I like it still. No real problems with it. Although trying to set a default browser is currently bugged and won't let me do it.

lmao XD what tv show is that?
-----------------------------------

I'm using Windows 8.1, I should start doing some Linux but I haven't installed it in dual boot successfully yet. I have an old desktop laying around which I plan to use as "lab rat" for when I need to learn assembler.

Gentoo Linux 99% for 13 years. Started gaming a lot again, so Win 8.1 mostly nowadays. But I will soon return to a REAL OS.

Open SUSE Linux 42.1

Ran and supported windows from 3.11 to 7.

I saw 8 and it was hatred at first site.

Loving SUSE, even when I stuff up the repository s and it destroys my install.

How I laughed

Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition. There's a few cosmetic things I miss from 7 that aren't in 10 like wallpaper changing after a set amount of time, but I like it still. No real problems with it. Although trying to set a default browser is currently bugged and won't let me do it.

You should be able to do that. I know my husband has it set up on his machine. This tutorial might help -- How to enable wallpaper Slideshow in Windows 10 and make it work on battery too

Windows 7. Windows 10 confuses me, going to stay on 7 for as long as I can.

There's a bit of a learning curve, but really, I find the 8+ versions more usable than the older ones now. The key is learning that you can hit the windows key and start typing the name of the application you want to run, then hit enter (or arrow keys to get to it, if you have a lot of similarly named stuff) to open it. (Fun fact: you can actually do the same thing on the older versions of Windows, too, but it's a bit clunkier and less refined than the newer versions.)

8.1 and 10 are better than 8.0, since it keeps the familiar desktop, while providing the workflow improvements.

New Threads

Top Bottom