• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What movies are you looking forward to in 2018?

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

As studios build out their release calendars further and further into the future, it can be difficult to stay up to date on what’s coming out and when. We’re here to help with that. You can now keep up to date with the film’s being released for 2018. Keep in mind that release dates shift, and new titles are constantly added, so we’ll be frequently updating this calendar to keep apprised on when your most-anticipated films are hitting theaters.

You can see that right now, the space is mostly occupied by Hollywood films since those are the ones studios schedule far into the future (some of these movies don’t even have official titles yet), but as Sundance, TIFF, and other festivals start putting their movies into the world, we’ll be updating this list with indie titles as well.

Friday, January 5
Insidious: Chapter 4

Friday, January 12
The Commuter
Paddington 2
Proud Mary

Friday, January 19
Den of Thieves
Horse Soldiers

Friday, January 26
Extinction
Midnight Sun
White Boy Rick

Friday, February 2
Untitled Cloverfield Movie (previously titled The God Particle)
Winchester: The House that Ghosts Built

Friday, February 9
Fifty Shades Freed
Maze Runner: The Death Cure
Peter Rabbit
The 15:17 to Paris

Friday, February 16
Black Panther
Early Man

Friday, February 23
Annihilation

Friday, March 2
Red Sparrow
Alpha
Game Night
Death Wish

Friday, March 9
Gringo
A Wrinkle in Time
The Intouchables (2018)

Friday, March 16
Tomb Raider
Untitled Greg Berlanti Film
Untitled Entebbe Project

Friday, March 23
Action Point
Sherlock Gnomes
Isle of Dogs
Pacific Rim Uprising
Final Portrait
Unsane

Friday, March 30
Ready Player One
Mary Magdalene
Lean on Pete

Friday, April 6
Magic Camp
The Pact
A Quiet Place
Chappaquiddick

Friday, April 13
New Mutants
The Rider

Friday, April 20
Rampage
Tully
Overboard (2018)
Super Troopers 2

Friday, April 27
Truth or Dare

Friday, May 4
Avengers: Infinity War

Friday, May 11
Life of the Party

Friday, May 18
Slenderman
Untitled LAIKA Project
A Star Is Born (2018)

Friday, May 25
Star Wars: Untitled Han Solo Film

Friday, June 1
Deadpool 2
Untitled WB Animation Film

Friday, June 8
Ocean’s 8

Friday, June 15
The Incredibles 2

Friday, June 22
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Friday June 29
Tag
I Feel Pretty
Sicario 2: Soldado

Wednesday, July 4
The Purge 4 (Official Title TBD)

Friday, July 6
Ant-Man and the Wasp
The Spy Who Dumped Me

Friday, July 13
Hotel Transylvania 3
The Nun
Skyscraper

Friday, July 20
Alita: Battle Angel
Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!

Friday, July 27
Mission: Impossible 6 (Official Title TBD)

Friday, August 3
The Predator
The Equalizer 2 (Official Title TBD)

Wednesday, August 8
Barbie

Friday, August 10
Amusement Park
Meg
Scarface (2018)

Friday, August 17
Captive State
The Happytime Murders

Friday, August 24
Cadaver

Friday, September 14
The Darkest Minds

Friday, September 21
Goosebumps 2 (Official Title TBD)
Robin Hood (2018)

Friday, September 28
The Kid Who Would Be King
Night School
Smallfoot

Friday, October 5
Venom
Bad Times at the El Royale

Friday, October 12
First Man

Friday, October 19
The Girl in the Spider’s Web
Jungle Book: Origins
Halloween (2018)

Friday, October 26
Overlord

Friday, November 2
Dark Phoenix
Mulan (Disney)
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
Mary, Queen of Scots

Friday, November 9
Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch
Holmes & Watson

Friday, November 16
Fantastic Beasts 2 (Official Title TBD)
Widows

Wednesday, November 21
Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2
Untitled Zemeckis/Carell Project

Friday, December 14
Untitled Animated Spider-Man Movie
Mortal Engines

Friday, December 21
Aquaman
Bumblebee

Tuesday, December 25
Bohemian Rhapsody
Mary Poppins Returns

Source:
2018 Release Calendar: What's Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

Hmm, so they're doing a second sequel to Hotel Transylvania? I thought they probably would do.

I don't know....LOL. I haven't seen them yet short of their title giving away their plot. :p

At least not the remakes which I usually avoid at all costs. :rolleyes:

Besides, I only view films on DVD any more. Let the critics help me filter out what I probably don't want to see anyways by the time it makes it to disk.

And my buttered popcorn is better anyways. And the projectionist lets me take pitstops. :cool:

But seriously, there was a time up until my mid forties when I really was an avid film-goer. I guess I just got tired of so many mediocre movies...or outright "duds". Discovered that I'd much rather buy a movie I love seeing over and over than pay for one that sucked. Made the process a real value instead of always gambling.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the Han Solo movie, hopefully it won't suck, but to be fair Rogue One was decent.

I'm looking forward to these films and I really hope that none of them suck:

Black Panther

Ready Player One

Avengers: Infinity War

I don't know about the rest of the movies on the 2018 list. I'll probably see any Star Wars titles though.

And I can't believe they're doing a Scarface remake. I think some films should be left alone. They don't need remakes and Scarface is definitely one of them. It's not one of my favorite films or even a movie that I like watching, but I can appreciate the film as a classic that I don't think should be messed with. That's like remaking The Godfather films. Ugh, just don't.

I havent been to the cinema since 1982 when i saw "Pink Floyd The Wall. & before that 1964 when i saw " Hard days night"

Looking forward to the sequel to the Mamma Mia movie.

The original was a bit good, I'm going to the actual musical at the Lyceum next March, booked it months ago.

I probably go and see Fantastic beasts:the crimes of grimwald but I might wait for Solo a Star Wars story to come out on Blu ray.

"Darkest Hour". Gary Oldman- one of my favorite actors, as Winston Churchill, circa 1939-1940.

I might have said this before but I'm really looking forward to Infinity War. I'm hoping no one dies, especially Loki. *fingers crossed*

I'd also like to see HBO's Fahrenheit 451 adaptation. It's one of my favorite books and I hope the movie does the book justice.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. I've seen all the previous films so I'll probably see this one too.

Sorry to Bother You because this looks insanely funny. :D

'Meg' (short for Megalodon) might be worth seeing for fun. It looks like a 'Jaws' on steroids film.

800px-Megalodon_scale.svg.png

"Darkest Hour". Gary Oldman- one of my favorite actors, as Winston Churchill, circa 1939-1940.

I've seen it, and yes it was very good.

Better than that pants "Iron Lady" film about old Ma Thatcher anyway.

I am looking forward to the "Han Solo story", especially that Emilia Clarke (Daenarys Targaryen - " Game Of Thrones) is it in and a month afterwards " Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom".

I'm saving up for some Lego kits from the "Han Solo Story" and I want Lego Velociraptors from the "JW - Fallen Kingdom" Lego kits.

I just saw the trailer for this today and it looks awesome. It's a take on the life of Mary Shelley, the author of Frankenstein.

Also, Three Identical Strangers looks interesting. Apparently, in "New York, 1980: three complete strangers accidentally discover that they are identical triplets, separated at birth." That is wild.

New Threads

Top Bottom