• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you UNHAPPY today?

I have to drive about a mile up a mountain to get to my house. The driveway is always covered in snow this time of year and has only one lane in it. As I went up the mountain today I met this great big farming tractor coming down and had to back up to the bottom of the hill so the tractor could get by me. The temperature had gotten above freezing so the road was very slick. I got stuck in the snowbank three times on my way down and the guy in the tractor had to dig me out. The third time I got stuck was on one of the steepest places on the mountain. The tractor had a hard time stopping there and slid sideways towards my car. The tractor got to a flat spot and was able to stop sliding but the tractor began leaning towards my car like it was about to roll over me. Then it leaned the other way and all four of the wheels were on the ground and everything was ok. He was able to dig out the snow around him with an attached snowplow and get turned around. I finally got to the bottom of the hill and the tractor got back on the main road. I was able to get up to my house without any more problems.

Getting the first of my hospital bills which are $2000 so far, and my insurance not contributing at all.

I was trying to explain something serious to my mother. Only she seemed more interested in the tv than what I was saying about a situation regarding the cats. I had to compete with Rod Failing Singer Stewart as I was trying to explain to her why it’s important, she turned the volume up and told me that Rod Stewart was more important than what I had to say. That I was boring.
Moms who turn up the tv and call their daughter names, when they are blessed with having a daughter who is willing to communicate with them about important family issues are VERY wrong. Bad Mom!

I've been trying to call my Parents all afternoon, Mum's been engaged at home (I think they have that problem with the phone that they had before, even Auntie Irene doesn't chat this long and neither does my Sister in law's Mum, although with due respect to Denise, she can rabbit for England lol)

I suspect their Landline's gone down again, been trying to ring all night and no answer, and even worse, Dad is hopeless at answering his bloody mobile (cell phone to Americans).

Last edited:
My therapist telling me there's really not much that can help my ASD related problems because
I was diagnosed so late in life.

My social worker couldn't make it over today because she had to take someone to an appointment. When I told her over the phone what a bad week I've been having, she said she'd call me later, but she didn't. This always seems to happen when I need to see or talk to her the most. Naturally, my lack of empathy and selfishness doesn't allow me to think what she had to do was more important.

2 things this morning.

1) My morning carer made tea again even though I asked for coffee.
2) I intended to go to Town early after carer had gone but I got watching a movie on Sky, I'm just off shortly.

The mom of my patient pissed me off today. She doesn't work, and doesn't do jack all day long except drop off and pick up the youngest daughter from school. The house is filthy. She also does NOTHING to help me get my patient ready for school in the morning, not even change her damn diaper (I take my patient to school a few days a week). I arrive at 7:30 and the bus picks us up at 8:30. I have to get her vitals, give her a sponge bath, get her dressed, put her in her wheelchair, give her her nebulizer treatment, brush her hair and teeth, change and refill her feeding bag (sometimes I have to actually mix up the formula because of course the parents don't do it) which involves heating up the formula that's been in the fridge, make sure all her equipment is packed and carry all her stuff downstairs. Granted, this is all part of my job however it annoys the hell out of me that the mom doesn't lift a finger. Like how about if your daughter's diaper is soaking wet you change it before the nurse arrives? It takes less than 2 minutes. She does NOTHING for this kid. She won't even fold her clothes, but she'll fold her normal daughter's clothes. She's lazy.
When I asked her if the formula was by chance already made this morning she said "I don't understand why you are asking me to do it because it's part of your job and none of the other nurses ever asked me questions before. If you can't handle it I will do it." I almost lost it.

Dad told me yesterday that the NERF gun I bought for my nephew's birthday was no good because he's already got the one I bought 4 times over, and this was a replacement for the one I took back yesterday morning because Dad said he'd already bought a bigger one last week.

I'll see what they see down at Argos, maybe I can get a gift voucher or something to the value.

My carer turned up at 10 AM (5 AM Eastern) this morning, and only stayed 3 hours! It's supposed to be a 4 hour call the following Sunday after Taekwondo Monday.

I've had words (well let messages) for Katie and Laura, but it'll be tomorrow at least before they respond, Katie annoyingly has no communication skills, I don't think she knows how to use the Business end of a mobile phone, but at least Laura rings or emails me back eventually.

Noise: I hate the sound of my family walking on the tile floor upstairs. It’s like they have blocks of wood for shoes. At least they can’t sneak up on me...

My Brother never responds to emails.

And neither does my Taekwondo teacher.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom