• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you UNHAPPY today?

GrownupGirl

Tempermental Artist
I'll start::(

Was reminded that my drawing cartoon animals risks my being labeled as a furry, which people absolutely hate for some reason and want to see literally killed.

You don't even have to wear fur suits or anything. If you even so much as mention Aesop's Fables people will call you a furry and want you dead. And if you try to explain why you're not a furry who has sex with animals, they won't care because they just want to ruin your life and turn everyone against you. Which is ironic, because that is so typical for humans.

How and why did something I've loved since I was a kid suddenly become the target of so much hatred and shame?:disappointed:

You're not alone - everything today has become a target of hatred. It's sad. This made me unhappy today.

I stopped at a friend's house because her mom was selling a book she wrote, and the whole house was rearranged, lots of people were there, and it was crowded and noisy and I got really awkward and they kept offering me food but I was too uncomfortable and kept saying no and it took forever for me to get to leave and their family is so happy and normal and their house is so nice and clean and everyone seems to care about each other and always talking to each other and worrying about each other for some reason and it's all quite lovely which is terrible depressing and I got depressed the last times I was there too but I keep going back because he's my favorite person and I want to see him!!!

Also, my boss keeps trying to get me to be more social and get better with public speaking and talking to people and how to say pointless things to random people because for some reason they're interested in the minutiae of everyone's lives because with nothing else to fill a closet you have to fill it with junk but I'd prefer an empty closet. Then I could sleep in it.

I love when my rants end somewhere way different than I expected! :D

I've had problems with health issues today that no doctor can seem to find and answer to for help.
It's frustrating and made me feel some anger.

@GrownupGirl I didn't know about society and the furry label. Sounds stupid.
I wouldn't give a d*** what they think. I've learned not to care.

There's far too much advertising on the youtube now. :mad:

But I hate to end the post on a negative..
I seem to have managed to stop the fighting videos appearing in the home page feed and that's good. :)

Drawing cartoon animals risks my being labeled as a furry, which people absolutely hate for some reason and want to see literally killed.

I think people who think that are stupid and doesnt deserve any second of your attention. This is what is great with the internet , you can easy see who is completely idiot pretty fast.

I mean even if you draw sexual stuff as long as you dont force it to others online on some discord channel well that's your business, and my guess is that you are simply talking about cartoons drawings. Keep going if you enjoy it and dab on the haters like a wise man once said.

BTW I'm fine.

I met my dads new girlfriend; just a quick "Hello" really... still makes me a little uncomfortable seeing both my parents seeing other people after they've been together my whole life up until a few months ago...

I think it's really cool that you draw animals. Is your avatar one of your drawings? It's really cute.

I don't like that people made negative comments towards you and something that makes you so happy. I hope they go away.

I was trying to explain something serious to my mother. Only she seemed more interested in the tv than what I was saying about a situation regarding the cats. I had to compete with Rod Failing Singer Stewart as I was trying to explain to her why it’s important, she turned the volume up and told me that Rod Stewart was more important than what I had to say. That I was boring.

I am boring.

That hurts as equally as each time she has said this to me.

This time I wasn’t even talking to her about history or anything that can be argued as boring. I was trying to explain to her about the cat situation (one of the had an accident, and it’s not the first time that this has happened and it is her fault for it because she’s been told before but still does it) and trying to impart how serious it was, not least for my shoe. But she dismissed me as boring. Again.

So it must be true that I’m boring. Since she says it a lot. Anyway, I’m not in a good place right now, and having her say that has really impacted me because now I’m over analyzing everything just to see if she’s wrong, or if she right.

I never see any adverts on YT or in most other places... I have a Chrome extension Adblock Plus, which makes them all go away. :)
I saw four of them in one video today plus the one before the video begins. :(
I don't think I have room for a chrome extension on my cra--y sony phone. :/

I was trying to explain something serious to my mother. Only she seemed more interested in the tv than what I was saying about a situation regarding the cats. I had to compete with Rod Failing Singer Stewart as I was trying to explain to her why it’s important, she turned the volume up and told me that Rod Stewart was more important than what I had to say. That I was boring.

I am boring.

That hurts as equally as each time she has said this to me.

This time I wasn’t even talking to her about history or anything that can be argued as boring. I was trying to explain to her about the cat situation (one of the had an accident, and it’s not the first time that this has happened and it is her fault for it because she’s been told before but still does it) and trying to impart how serious it was, not least for my shoe. But she dismissed me as boring. Again.

So it must be true that I’m boring. Since she says it a lot. Anyway, I’m not in a good place right now, and having her say that has really impacted me because now I’m over analyzing everything just to see if she’s wrong, or if she right.
That hurts. I've sat and listened to a 3 hours story my son told - boring - yes, maybe - but I love my son and if he thinks it's important enough to tell, I'm going to listen.
You've had a really rough life and I hope I can be there for you in a helpful way.
And I've never been crazy about Rod Stewart. :)

I'll start::(

Was reminded that my drawing cartoon animals risks my being labeled as a furry, which people absolutely hate for some reason and want to see literally killed.

You don't even have to wear fur suits or anything. If you even so much as mention Aesop's Fables people will call you a furry and want you dead. And if you try to explain why you're not a furry who has sex with animals, they won't care because they just want to ruin your life and turn everyone against you. Which is ironic, because that is so typical for humans.

How and why did something I've loved since I was a kid suddenly become the target of so much hatred and shame?:disappointed:

Basically, it's just an excuse that the hive will use to unleash their demi-urge.
Symbols hold different meanings for different people and in movements such as this that meaning can be crafted, tuned and imposed into a groups belief system. To become more coordinated & unified in a percentage of the group.

Others will just go with the flow because if you don't agree with with a few of those ideologies it's a very "us vs them" "If you're not with us you're against us" mentality.

There is no valid moral reason to hate on people who like anthromorph's. It's literally just a few people who abused fallacies and yelled the loudest out of anyone "Furries are the worst!!" Then the bandwagon effect. A herd of idiots mimicking them back. "Ya they're the worst, i hate them too! omg look at that we found common ground in fabricated hate!" (which becomes real hate or disgust over time)

An example of something that would have legitimate reason or meaning would be the vegetarians / vegan's vs meat eaters.

Keep doing what you're doing, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The people who accuse you of it being the worse, are morons who have absolutely no foundation or reasonable basis for their argument.

// ot. nothing yet.

Last edited:
They've forecast ice and snow for this evening in the UK, so I might not get to the Pub tonight from Mum and Dad's but we'll see.

I felt like i commented too much on videos (of audio only) of a singer on YouTube. She did specifically ask for a critique on the latest one; but I feel like I am sounding like a know-it-all with all my "advice" about needing a pop screen etc, or like an obsessed stalker fan because I commented on three videos and I replied to her replies to my replies.
Now I just want to dig a hole and bury myself in it! :oops:

What made me unhappy today was reading @Moomin's comment. I can't even imagine how a mother can treat her own child in this manner. How despicable. Moomin, you deserve better.

HUGE RANT WARNING:
I was reminded how stupid and overly P.C. the whole world has gotten because Winnie-the-Pooh, one of the most family-friendly, non-threatening cartoon characters in existence, was banned in Poland because they think he's an eeeeeevil hermaphrodite, A.A. Milne cut off his genitals, and Pooh's lack of wearing pants is incredibly offensive.
HE. IS. A. STUFFED. BEAR!!!:mad:
And what about the other characters? Tigger, Eeyore, Owl, Rabbit,and Kanga are all completely naked, have no genitals, but no one's complained.
But now they're banning Winnie-the-Pooh books from schools because of Piglet, which they say is offensive to Muslims.
I'm sorry Piglet. And you too, Wilbur, Miss Piggy and Porky. I can't even mention you in public anymore because your very species could offend some people.:(
Yet strangely enough, no one seems to have wanted Pooh Bear banned simply because his very name sounds like a bowel movement.

HUGE RANT WARNING:
I was reminded how stupid and overly P.C. the whole world has gotten because Winnie-the-Pooh, one of the most family-friendly, non-threatening cartoon characters in existence, was banned in Poland because they think he's an eeeeeevil hermaphrodite, A.A. Milne cut off his genitals, and Pooh's lack of wearing pants is incredibly offensive.
HE. IS. A. STUFFED. BEAR!!!:mad:
And what about the other characters? Tigger, Eeyore, Owl, Rabbit,and Kanga are all completely naked, have no genitals, but no one's complained.
But now they're banning Winnie-the-Pooh books from schools because of Piglet, which they say is offensive to Muslims.
I'm sorry Piglet. And you too, Wilbur, Miss Piggy and Porky. I can't even mention you in public anymore because your very species could offend some people.:(
Yet strangely enough, no one seems to have wanted Pooh Bear banned simply because his very name sounds like a bowel movement.

Just a tiny town in Poland!

Here's that and similar ridiculousness:

A Very Brief History of Idiots Banning Winnie the Pooh

I LOVE WINNIE DAH POOH

New Threads

Top Bottom