• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is Your Pet Doing Right Now?

My crew for the night (minus some of mine who are not pictured)

2FA747F5-95E5-46E4-89FE-94A31E3598AB.jpeg
5E8FA5A1-1A2D-48F7-9E44-E62AA878B6AD.jpeg

Accidentally set my Vimeo account to private so I need to figure out how to repost my videos :confused:

Fixed! Wanted to share this one.

This is for all the people I meet irl (and far-right anti-Pitbull lawmakers who target specific breeds with biased legislation that has devastating consequences) who say that Dogo Argentinos are unpredictable and untrustworthy...
***Spoiler: They're not. In most cases, aggression is made, not born. You can have a completely psycho Golden Retriever if you don't train him properly, or a Pitbull who wins advanced obedience trials if he IS trained properly.***
There are some breeds that have a slight predisposition to "dominant" (I hate that word) or territorial behavior, but almost ANY behavioral issue can be trained out of ANY dog.
Some individual dogs (of any breed or mix of breeds) have a bad temperament though and there's not much that can be done about that unfortunately aside from lifelong behavior management. But the number of dogs with horrible "untrainable" temperaments I have ever personally worked with, I can count on three fingers.

So here you go:

This looks horrific without context lol.
The puppy is fine! The adult dogs were just playing. She wasn't scared, and I pulled them away when she indicated that she was overwhelmed.
They look like predatory Hyenas :fearscream::tearsofjoy:

DSC_0041.JPG

I still do not have pets but today, while checking through some old silent home movies dated about 1928 to 1934, I came across this picture of a boy & his white rat on one of the reels. The reels had several chunks of footage stuck on them, taken at different times; I've not yet identified the family in this one. (These aren't my relatives. These are just 900 feet of found footage from about 90 years ago.)

Unfortunately my 16mm projector shredded part of its own drive gear as I was rewinding one of the reels.

People have been trying to make movies of themselves & their pets ever since the beginning of amateur photography. These people filmed their horses, their dogs, and the white rat almost as much as they filmed themselves. Sitting back there watching the film I felt like I'd logged into 1930s YouTube or Vine with 30 pounds of cast iron projector. Pretty wild--People never really do change.

Kid & Rat c 1931.jpg

Does you dog happen to be related to Spuds MacKenzie? ;)
I just realized now it's the same breed.

And Bullseye the Target dog! (American department store chain)
One of my irl friends has 3 Bull Terriers. They're amazing. One of my absolute favorite breeds!

bullseye-the-target-dog-GettyImages-457402800-MLedit.jpg

My favourite animal is sitting on the sofa eating fettuccine with a tomato, zucchini, basil, spring onion, sheep's cheese sauce, Jess is in the garden eating a bone, the equines are in the paddock, I don't have any photos just now but it was time to make a post to subscribe to this thread so I don't keep missing everyone's photos and stories! :)

Does your dog happen to be related to Spuds MacKenzie? ;)
I just realized now it's the same breed.

Spuds appears to be a different type of EBT. There a few variations on the same theme. Dog V4 is a terrier type while Spuds appears to be a Bull type which are chunkier. Dog V4 is about 23kg but one Bull type I've met must've been pushing 30kg.There is also a miniature version.

One thing they all have in common is that they all have solid concrete heads so make sure one doesn't run into your legs. ;)

Are any of your animals like this when you take them to the vet?

Jess is asleep and has managed to persuade me to sit on her sofa with her so she can snuggle up to me.

New Threads

Top Bottom