• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is Your Genius Type?

Pondering

It seems like many aspie geniuses are most often recognized in mathemeticians, scientists, and music composers but there are so many types of genius. I feel that geniuses are hardly rare; some just tend to get more recognition than others. There is Poetic genius, Artistic genius, Creative genius, Math genius, Verbal genius, Literary genius, Vocabulary genius (human, walking dictionaries, basically), Culinary genius, Music genius, Choreographic genius, Fashion genius, Science genius, etc. And the list is endless. What I am talking about is not necessarily obsession or high area of hobby/interest. What type of genius are you? And you can make up a type if I missed any other types of genius.

No genius here.

I have a high IQ, but haven't found something that grips me hard enough or long enough to be more than an expert. I'm fine with that.

No genius here.

I have a high IQ, but haven't found something that grips me hard enough or long enough to be more than an expert. I'm fine with that.

I am exactly the same. I know a hell of a lot about a host of things but am a little short of being a world class expert in any of them. The pattern is that I achieve a certain level of high proficiency, become satisfied or lose interest, and cease striving to improve that skill.

Thus I am a generalist.

I think... possibly "translation" and assisting in such might be a good way to put it. Not sure if that's the right word but having difficulty coming up with a proper one [which is funny since it involves interpretation and then explanation of said interpretation- but I can't do that for myself. I continue:].

But it seems only for other people or with other people. "Translation", as I am thinking, in my personal communications seems to leave much to be desired. :]

Wow, should I have even answered this? haha

ETA: I think ^^^that^^^ may be assisted by analysis and psych study that I love. Undetermined.

I have my aptitudes, but "genius" is not a word I would use to describe myself. True genius is a rare gift.

I'm no genius but iam very good with math music and have a small obsession with religion and politics lol at times...it passes

From the posts I've seen so far, I think "Reluctant" and "Humble" are the most common types around here. ;)

As it should be, really. Most people I've met who actually call themselves geniuses are only so in their own mind. Genius is as genius does, and it's a term best conferred by objective observers.

It appears I am a genius with cross stitching and that is despite, not fully understanding the mathematics lol

I am a genius with fashion and colours. I can tell just by feel or look, what type of fabric a person is wearing.

My long term memory is brilliant and just yesterday, on talking with someone and saying I remember when they said such and such and she said: wow you have an excellent memory, for that was some time ago. Yet to me, it was yesterday!

This is my first post on here... Aspi from OZ!...
I have found that I can remember the fine details on just about anything of interest..

I do certain things that seem to surprise other people. I remember the lyrics to every song I've ever heard, and if someone plays the melody I can sing a song I heard once forty years ago, or at least the refrain and pieces of the melody.

The human adding machine:) when I buy things in a store (even a full grocery order) I keep a running sub total of all the purchases in my head without noticing and usually have that same total within a few cents that the cash register does.

Last edited:
I do certain things that seem to surprise other people. I remember the lyrics to every song I've ever heard, and if someone plays the melody I can sing a song I heard once forty years ago, or at least the refrain and pieces of the melody.

My husband has called me the human adding machine:) when I buy things in a store (even a full grocery order) I keep a running sub total of all the purchases in my head without noticing and usually have that same total within a few cents that the cash register does.

I've noticed that I do the same thing whenever I find myself in a shop- I particularly enjoy working out the change before the cash register does so it has become somewhat of a game for me.

The WAIS-IV tests for four different types of intelligences: Processing Speed, Verbal IQ, Memory & Non-Verbal IQ. My processing speed is very average. My non-verbal (Thinking in pictures) IQ is the highest. The other two are spread evenly between (in the order given).

I find it curious that there is such a big spread between lowest & highest. For most people, that spread might be ten(?) points.

I seem to see patterns other people miss, and logic patterns too...I think I'm sort of like Temple Grand

I don't think I'm close to genius, but I am quite good at music theory, which seems pretty abstract to most people. I'm just very intensely into music, and hear it in math terms, so to speak. I also play violin :) Bur def not genius. :(

New Threads

Top Bottom