• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is everyone currently doing right now (apart from this forum).

Walking around the house, singing: "I'm all alone and I'm having fun on my own, I'm all alone and I'm having fun on my own, etc..."
It won't last.

Trying to rearrange my busy schedule to eliminate anything unnecessary & move things that can be moved to a future date (I can see the dentist in a few weeks for a cleaning: my teeth are fine). Trying to space things out so that I do not have to go out more than once in a day & possibly have a day at home in between (looks like I will not succeed at this one). Trying to literally schedule in alone time. With my father mortally ill, my elderly mother is on me like a coat of paint & I cannot take much more of it. I am striving to remain cordial & patient but it goes against my temperament when the demands become nearly constant.

Soup lock yourself in the bathroom for 10 minutes when it all gets too much, have the light off and scream/cry into a towel, I find that helps me when I don't have time for some truly alone time, keeps me going until I do have time for me.

I am on the forum, on facebook and adding craft stuff to my basket on a website that has so many craft things I could easily spend hundreds but I will try not to spend too much. I also keep checking my email to see if I've had any more responses about these parties.

Downloading episodes of an old sitcom called Phenom from youtube. I remember watching that show as a kid and liking it, but it only ran for one season and was never seen again. Hooray for finding obscure stuff on youtube!

Waiting for Socrates to find out about the cat ladder I made today. I hope she uses it; you never know with cats.
full

In my room listening to tv and thinking do i go out to my friends house 4 doors away or shell i stay in?
Been thinking about this for 10 minutes and I'm not sure what to do.

In my room listening to tv and thinking do i go out to my friends house 4 doors away or shell i stay in?
Go dude. In those 10 minutes you could've gone, found out you'd rather do something else and come back already. (I know the problem of indecisiveness though)

I finished the restoration of my Orange County Choppers Schwinn Stingray bicycle today.

This summer was very kind to me at yardsales where I purchased this machine for a mere $20 and only invested about $20 more to finish my project.

In the morning I shall add the antique Pennsylvania 1976 Bicentennial State bicycle license plate and then finish waxing and polishing the bike for a show next week.

The victory lap ride earlier tonite was worth the one month wait. :D
20140725_225807.jpg

Just watched Sliding Doors...

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our four...no... amongst our weapons.... amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

I usually psych myself out before I can go anywhere that involves being social. Unless I'm extremely bored to the point where I can't think anymore. Lol

I usually psych myself out before I can go anywhere that involves being social. Unless I'm extremely bored to the point where I can't think anymore. Lol

I just don't like going out, i got anxious and panicked. So i went back home almost in tears :(

Awwwwwww.....that sucks. I'm sorry. It's different for some of us. Some don't mind going out. Others don't like to go out. Some only go out when they really really need to, like for work, school, grocery store, etc. I usually only go out if I really need to. Which sucks cuz I like hanging out with my friends sometimes when I get tired of my solitude. But the whole process of GETTING to my friends is just too much for me sometimes. Sounds strange but even driving near other ppl is enough to freak me out because although I would hope everyone's eyes are on the road, I worry that they're watching and judging me for being a dorky, loser. Other times, when I can muster up the courage to drive to wherever my friends are, I just fear their judgement of my weirdness or fear they'll start to pick up on my lack of emotions and see right through me trying to pretend and blend in with them that I don't bother. There are times when I feel great and can almost naturally hang out like a normal person and other times I feel nearly drained from planning out how normal and full of regular emotions I'm going to have to be so that my friends don't see right through me and think that I don't care about them or that I'm not having a good time. As annoyingly, tiresome as it can be I care enough about my friends to do it. It's tough though.
I just don't like going out, i got anxious and panicked. So i went back home almost in tears :(

Awwwwwww.....that sucks. I'm sorry. It's different for some of us. Some don't mind going out. Others don't like to go out. Some only go out when they really really need to, like for work, school, grocery store, etc. I usually only go out if I really need to. Which sucks cuz I like hanging out with my friends sometimes when I get tired of my solitude. But the whole process of GETTING to my friends is just too much for me sometimes. Sounds strange but even driving near other ppl is enough to freak me out because although I would hope everyone's eyes are on the road, I worry that they're watching and judging me for being a dorky, loser. Other times, when I can muster up the courage to drive to wherever my friends are, I just fear their judgement of my weirdness or fear they'll start to pick up on my lack of emotions and see right through me trying to pretend and blend in with them that I don't bother. There are times when I feel great and can almost naturally hang out like a normal person and other times I feel nearly drained from planning out how normal and full of regular emotions I'm going to have to be so that my friends don't see right through me and think that I don't care about them or that I'm not having a good time. As annoyingly, tiresome as it can be I care enough about my friends to do it. It's tough though.

Uh huh :) when i got work im frustrated but i give myself an hour to get my mind set and then it goes through stages. Stage 1 work till 00:00 then have a fag and then eat food then have another fag. Stage 2 work till 2:30 then have a fag and relax for 10 minutes. Stage 3 work till 4:30 and have a fag and relax for 10 minutes. Stage 4 work till 6:00 and go home to relax. My work goes like this: 21:30 order picking/loading
22:30 fag break relax time
22:40 back to work
23:00 fag break lunch time
00:35 back to work
2:00 lorry turns up (if im picking i
have to unload the lorry if im loading i carry on loading.
2:30 fag break relax time
2:40 back to work
4:30: loading side door
5:30/6:00 Finnish either relax for 30 minutes or go home

Sounds easy but lets add the worst part:
Working with colleagues!
Colleagues touching you!
Winding you up!
Approaching you and chats to you when you don't want to talk to them!
Feeling tired and drained
Anxiety

I'm currently working on a new screenplay. I already have a load of unfinished ones, the last one I don't know what to do to improve it. I'm giving them a rest for a while as well as efforts to get an agent for TV channels, instead this new one is a comedy pilot I'm going to send to Amazon and see how it goes.

Uh huh :) when i got work im frustrated but i give myself an hour to get my mind set and then it goes through stages. Stage 1 work till 00:00 then have a fag and then eat food then have another fag. Stage 2 work till 2:30 then have a fag and relax for 10 minutes. Stage 3 work till 4:30 and have a fag and relax for 10 minutes. Stage 4 work till 6:00 and go home to relax. My work goes like this: 21:30 order picking/loading
22:30 fag break relax time
22:40 back to work
23:00 fag break lunch time
00:35 back to work
2:00 lorry turns up (if im picking i
have to unload the lorry if im loading i carry on loading.
2:30 fag break relax time
2:40 back to work
4:30: loading side door
5:30/6:00 Finnish either relax for 30 minutes or go home

Sounds easy but lets add the worst part:
Working with colleagues!
Colleagues touching you!
Winding you up!
Approaching you and chats to you when you don't want to talk to them!
Feeling tired and drained
Anxiety
Yeah I work 23:00-07:00. I'm so glad I work alone at my new job. At my old job I worked with several co-workers among others and I used to have to do the same thing, like mentally prepare myself for an hour before starting the day and even then I would have to keep my anxiety at bay otherwise I'd start to get nervous, worried and hot. Just wasn't a good feeling at all. It's crazy to think that we have to live with things like this year after year. When I start feeling anxious I crave solitude as if it were fresh air to help me breathe.

New Threads

Top Bottom