• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what imagination/thoughts do you think about?

I can entertain myself with my imagination for hours ... As I love sci fi and fantasy a lot of the stories in my head are based around this. Especially stories involving dragons. I love that I can pause, rewind, rework, replay the stories in my head, visits the parts I like as many times as I like and play with it like a toy. Though if people saw what was in my head I would probably be off to the looney bin quick smart lol.

I like to imagine laying on a lounge chair with a cool sweet drink on the beach in a tropical island with no one around to bug me. I like to imagine walking in the woods or on the beach of my childhood. I used to have whole story lines, but now with my life so busy I usually imagine restfull situations.

that I am a lottery winner with 6 million pounds, I'm going to wake up in the morning in my big house and spend the day in my vauxhall monaro 5.7 litre v8 and on my husqvarna smr 510 before settling down for a nice loud movie involving jason statham. Then I come back to reality and realise I'm on the bus stuck in road works sitting next to an unpleasantly loudmouthed chav.

I can entertain myself with my imagination for hours ... As I love sci fi and fantasy a lot of the stories in my head are based around this. Especially stories involving dragons. I love that I can pause, rewind, rework, replay the stories in my head, visits the parts I like as many times as I like and play with it like a toy. Though if people saw what was in my head I would probably be off to the looney bin quick smart lol.
I wouldn't think of it as strange at all I often imagine hanging out with Cassala the gargoyle (Tales From The Darkside) as good friends. I have many adventures
with many of my favorite sci-fi favs: Doctor Who, Space 1999, Star Trek

I wouldn't think of it as strange at all I often imagine hanging out with Cassala the gargoyle (Tales From The Darkside) as good friends. I have many adventures
with many of my favorite sci-fi favs: Doctor Who, Space 1999, Star Trek

its not so much the context but I kind of torture some of my fictional characters. I think its a coping mechanism. I'm not going to go too far into it as I have never even told my husband about what really is in my head.

But I too like to go on adventures as you put it with my fave characters from my fave shows ... sometimes it fun to be in their worlds where anything is possible (I honestly hope one day I hear the familiar noise of the tardis and I get to go see all the kool stuff the doctor sees!!)

I like to imagine that I can travel through time and space, or that animals talk to me, or that I can breathe underwater.

Since I was little, I've had "a thinking" every night while I was waiting to fall asleep. My "thinkings" are stories that I would play out in my head usually involving easily-sortable characters, because I have a kind of obsession with sorting people. I also have a family of imaginary friends. The oldest, Jack, is my age and home schooled, so he and the baby come with me to everything, and the other kids go to school. Also, I often find myself slipping into fantasies, about when I can run five minute miles, or when I publish ground-breaking research, or (when I was younger) when I would get my letter from Hogwarts. If don't think I'll ever be able to explain everything, so I might as well stop here.

you know its kind of a relief to read this thread. I have never told a single person about the stories in my head, the thinkings as epheph puts it. Not one single person. Even my husband doesn't know. And to think that there are other aspies who do that as well. I always thought I might have been crazy lol. Well I was always scared someone else might have thought I was crazy if I did speak of it. Sometimes I try to write them down but they don't come out right a lot of the time.

Usually to pass time i imagine stuff about my personal little world which started as a paracosm when i was in year six at primary school. It's called 'Ilothmus'. Recently i have started a wiki about it, which you can find at <http://ilothmus.wikia.com/wiki/Ilothmus_Wiki> The wiki dosn't yet contain one percent of everything i have imagined up for my world in my spare mental time. If I told people i know about it, they'd think i'm off the planet, but I find it's a good way of passing time and making unpleasent jobs seem less real.

to the people who say they've imagined speaking to animals, have you ever found yourself trying to talk to animals in their own language, like doing a ''meeeeow'' to a kitten, or a'' woof'' to a dog? Because I have, but all they do is give me a weird look. As do their owners. Owls are similary unresponsive.

I imagine about having two cats, reading my amazon kindle e-books.
I also imagine what it would be liek to meet my online friend who lives in the UK. :) I hope we can meet one day.

to the people who say they've imagined speaking to animals, have you ever found yourself trying to talk to animals in their own language, like doing a ''meeeeow'' to a kitten, or a'' woof'' to a dog? Because I have, but all they do is give me a weird look. As do their owners. Owls are similary unresponsive.

haha i meow to my cat all the time :) its fun.

I hope you'd be more excited about meeting your online friend that actually coming to the uk, it's cold, wet, or icy most days lately,and in the summer it has a lot of rainbows. But it still rains a lot

I hope you'd be more excited about meeting your online friend that actually coming to the uk, it's cold, wet, or icy most days lately,and in the summer it has a lot of rainbows. But it still rains a lot
Yeah she doesnt like the UK. But I would love to meet my friend there and it's something i dream about a lot. I never left the US but would love to.
UK weather suits me though, i dont mind the cloudy overcast days. but i also love the rain since im in california.

I hope i can meet my UK friend soon :)

Lately I daydream about the ideal party. Who I want there, the music, the location, the kind of beer, etc.

Either that or what I want my truck to ultimatly be like. (8" lift, plug ignited smoke stacks, snap-on running boards, painted black and camo, downstrocked 383 motor)

lately i have been thinking alot about how my life would be if i won the lottery and moved back to michigan, how I would interact with people everything knowing about aspergers. Pursueing my aspie interests, and just enjoying living my quiet aspie life.

I always think about winning the lottery pella ... I would love to have a horse stud so I imagine all the beautiful horses I would have. And I would be able to have some space set aside to foster animals in need as well. So I see it as achieving my ultimate dream and helping the world at the same time.

i really really thought i was going to be collected by hagrid on my 12th birthday because i was so out of place socially/ in school i was convinced i had powers and must therefore be a wizard :} keep going it cant be THAT weird to explain surely?

New Threads

Top Bottom