• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What flowers to you are pleasant?

CileEsodsedly

At my home it is a lot of kinds of flowers. And I very much love flowers. And especially I like orchids.
And you what like flowers?

I love pansies, Easter lilies, roses, violets, tulips, and even dandelions. I also love those flower blossoms on crab apple trees. They smell so good. ♥♥♥

My favorite flower is a rose. I have roses in the livingroom, in the bathrooms, and my whole bedroom is wallpapered in roses with rose flower accents. All my roses are artificial, of course, cause I don't like to see flowers wilt and go off to rose heaven.

Yellow tulips (they're just so happy) :)
Or any kind of white petal flower, such as lilies, or white roses

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 71
I have no pictures, nor do I know any specific names, but the tiny little asters that bloom along my hiking trails are always a welcome sight in the spring and in the fall. :)

Not big on flowers but mine was always tulips, especially the stereotypical child's drawing of one. I like the clean bold lines and colors.

Orchids remind me of my Dad, he grows them. I also like roses, lilies, daisies, peony, frangipani, jasmine and freesias :)

My mother used to grow Tulips for each spring....she was so proud of them each year.

I like growing orchids because they are tome of the easiest plants to care for, if you know how.
Really? I honestly didn't know! People always say that they are one of the toughest plants to take care of.
So what is your secret? :p

Really? I honestly didn't know! People always say that they are one of the toughest plants to take care of.
So what is your secret? :p
That's because people don't know how.

You have to understand that orchids have fleshy roots that store water. These roots can easily rot. They must, must, must be potted in bark which water will flow right through. When you buy an orchid, it will probably be potted in moss, or even be in bark with an inner moss ball around the roots. As soon as you buy it, you have to take the orchid out of the pot, remove all the moss, soil, bark, whatever that is around the roots, trim off any rotting roots, and replant it in fresh bark. Then, it's just a matter of watering once a week, giving it sunlight but not direct sunlight.
(there are some species that need bright light, but the most commonly grown species cannot tolerate light that is too bright.) If the leaves are extrememly dark, it needs more light. Leaves that are extremely pale indicate the plant is getting too much light. Don't water too often, or the roots will rot. The most important thing is the potting mixture.

I should try them, then. I have a brown thumb. :(

I don't have anywhere to grow flowers, not even a windowbox. If I did, I'd have hyacinths, jasmine, fuchsias and nasturtiums.

Nothing says "sumer is icumen in*" better than laburnum and wisteria.

* It should be noted that at the time the oldest song in the English language was written, the word "sum(m)er" referred to what we would now think of as late spring. A sign of the Medieval Warm Period?

New Threads

Top Bottom