• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What era would you like to live in?

2047 is the year I'd like to live. Being a member of the State Party, having my own drones, controlling the Mars Mining Corporation...giving Soylent Pink to the Masses...having "Life or Death" series Reality TV...

Living a life in 17th century Polynesia might have been nice...before the impact of foreign contamination.

But if you did get there, wouldn't that cause contamination?

LOL...point taken. However I never considered the question from a perspective of myself regarding time or space travel.

Just an optimal life as someone else in another time.

17th-century Holland, during its intellectual heyday. I would love to have hung out with Christiaan Huygens and company.

I'd like to live either a few hundred thousand years ago as a member of a small, autonomous group of homo neanderthalensis (before the advent of the so-called "sapiens"...) or perhaps just a little bit into the future, when those of us that remain after the inevitable environmental crisis / nuclear holocaust / zombie apocalypse can enjoy the benefits of returning to a less densely populated, thrillingly anarchic world.

I'd like to have been born a little bit in the past, so I can experience the internet before everyone and their great-granny is on it, plus more time to be alive before the apocalypse. Or maybe the future once we have recovered from the apocalypse enough to have the internet back or we somehow miraculously manage to avoid it. I don't think I'd like to live in a world without the internet. I probably wouldn't have any friends.

I want to live in the future. I am optimistic in the future, we will be more accepting and accommodating of people with differences

But if I want to live the past, I would like to live in the Georgian era, especially in England - or, an Asian equivalent, the Qing era. Those people who rebel in Britain can choose to move to the United States, still the greatest country on Earth in my opinion. And they will win the Seven Years' War, which means, they will enjoy unrivaled power all around the world.

Given a chance I would perhaps like to live at the end of the 19th century Britain. A time of Hercule Poirot, the detective (a creation of Agatha Christie).

I'm so curious to see what the future
will be like - advancements in medicine and technology in particular. Or if we're all blown up/hit by a meteor and no longer exist! I think about it far too much..

I lived it already, the 80s. Great music, I liked the fashions, it was actually a pretty good time for me. Other than that, I would have to say Japan during the Samurai era, but I'd have to have good eyesight, I wouldn't make it as a samurai with my uncorrected vision.

Probably a Maya farmer during the Classic Period. Their women had relative freedom compared to other places at the time, even a few women rulers. I wouldn't want to live in a big Maya city because their would be too many rituals and things going on. I would like to have lived in a smaller village, the ones small enough to where it was only a couple of families that shared a milpa. If I was a male, I would choose more exiting historical periods (sadly, most of these were male-dominated, so I wouldn't go for them unless I was a man) like late Victorian England or being in France during the enlightenment and bailing when the revolution took full swing.

Oh, or maybe living with the Blackfoot Indians (before major expansion of the Americans) and being a "manly-hearted woman" because manly-hearted women experienced much more freedom than the other females of their village and had say in the local councils.

I'm content with this era. I'd have a lot less rights if I went any further back in time, so no thank you. I'm also not entirely sure what I'd do without the internet as it is now.

The 1980's :p It's still my favorite decade and sort of my Aspie interest lol :D I got into more of the music and pop culture of the 1980's but used to listen to a lot of the music back then. I guess everyone who knew me known this as a fact XD

New Threads

Top Bottom