• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you do to bring up your energy levels?

HisShadowX

Finding up being Autistic and overloading yourself with information causes you to become drained but no to the point where your sleepy.

Does anyone know any solutions for when you get into this state? Any foods or medicines?

Do you have this with all information? Or just information you don't particularly care about?

I can partially identify, but only if it's something I have little interest in, since it requires me to actually put an effort in trying to be interested, on top of taking in the information.

Sometimes after a busy today or doing things I am not interested in causes me to become quite drained which causes me to miss work.

I am looking for tips to boost my energy levels

Generally, I just know about stimming/ doing things to take it easy that you enjoy (listening to music, working on art projects, reading are the type of things I do).

A lot of people will say drink coffee, or anything caffeinated, but that doesn't work for everyone.

Rudy Simone (I haven't tried any of these yet) suggests a 1/3 dose of Amrit, an antioxidant.
Other things she mentions in her book include: 5HT-P, St John's wort, ginko biloba, and valor.
I've tried ginseng, but I'm not convinced it helps me. If you browse around this site you should find some other suggestions in other threads.

I tend to get drained a lot too but the only thing I have tried is just drinking a cup of coffee. Can't be good for my sleep at night but oh well.

Sometimes after a busy today or doing things I am not interested in causes me to become quite drained which causes me to miss work.

I am looking for tips to boost my energy levels

Vitamin E, B vitamins
Nutritional yeast (I use a tablespoon in 2 ounces of grapefruit juice. Nutritional yeast, not brewer's yeast. )
Drinking water

If you don't hate getting wet, and have running water & a bath tub/shower, taking a warm bath/shower can be relaxing and invigorating, both.

Breath intententionally

Force my lazy ass to get up and get some exercise. I always feel better after I take my dog for a walk. She is happy and I adore her.

A **** ton of coffee. In the morning, before work, my dad makes about 6 cups of coffee in the coffee maker. He takes roughly one and then I drink the rest of it (if I don't, it usually goes to waste anyway). No milk or sugar, just black. I also try to start my morning with a healthy breakfast. Typically coconut yogurt w/ some berries and pecans on the side. The idea is to get a lot of probiotics and fiber. Top it off with a multivitamin.

I also make sure I'm getting enough water throughout the day. I prefer iced water, because when I'm drained and tired, I notice I run a little warm.

I'm weaning myself off coffee due to stomach ulcer. I'm down to a half cup just to knock the withdrawal headache.

I've tried ginseng, but I'm not convinced it helps me.

Siberian Ginseng affects me the way a
glass object is affected by a hammer.

Korean Ginseng, on the other hand, has
been useful to me, in situations when I
needed more energy/stamina. Specifically,
when a goat went into labor and would
kid in the middle of the night.

If I am at home and not to close to a melt/shutdown, I will run some of my model trains, either indoors or outdoors on my garden railway. Or I might just steam up the one I have that runs on real steam, even if its just on the rollers sitting on my workbench. The sight and smells calms me and allows me to regain energy to deal with the rest of the world. If I am to close to a melt/shutdown, I will just changed into my pajamas and wrap myself in my weighted blanket and take a nap or go to bed for the night if its close to my normal bed time. When I am at work, I will take a walk outside of the shop, go up and chat with one of my favorite salesmen that work in the showroom and refresh my drink at the cafe we have right in our showroom. Mike

I will do some exercise, if at home, then some warm up drills, plenty of yoga type stretching and then some HITs exercises. if the weather is ok, a quick run, or a long walk is really exciting.

I've recently got back into lots of exercise to keep my mind calm, I do chinese kickboxing once a week and jiu jitsu once a week.

... then a nice long soak in the bath and catch up on some reading :)

If I'm tired I just go back to bed, for exercise, I do try and walk as much as I can, but I can't walk very far due to back problems.

New Threads

Top Bottom