• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What books are you currently reading?

I'll be starting this right away:

51V5ZAVABEL.jpg

Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space (1994) is a non-fiction book by Carl Sagan. It is the sequel to Cosmos: A Personal Voyage and was inspired by the "Pale Blue Dot" photograph, for which Sagan provides a sobering description. In this book, Sagan mixes philosophy about the human place in the universe with a description of the current knowledge about the Solar System. He also details a human vision for the future.

Pale_Blue_Dot.png

Im starting to re-read Sound of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal. Its great. It gives a very in depth history of the era's of heavy metal and Ian Christe sprinkles in a hint of humor in the perfect places. Theres a bunch of other stuff in it to, like lists of recommended bands, songs, albums, and solo instrumentalists. Its such a shame that this book is so unknown just because the subject matter is a pretty narrow range of people. Im sure if he wrote on more popular subjects people would realize how great of an author he is.

... and Im trying to find a copy of Raptor Red. I read it over and over and over again during junior high haha I dont know where I can buy such an obscure book though

This;
View attachment 2055

Interesting read, though I still care more for the villains than batman... I had a bat fly in once, but I never witnessed my parents get shot (not that I'd prefer it that way, though)

Without Remorse by Tom Clancy . I decided to read the "Jack Ryan" series of books since I just got, on DVD, two of the movie installments.

Last edited:
Romeus and Juliet, by Arthur Brooke.

Okay, so it's an etext, but I love it so much I can't give my iPad a break.

Also, an English/Icelandic dictionary and an Icelandic grammar.

Rereading "Ex Libris" and first-time reading "Rereadings", both by Anne Fadiman.

I have gotten bored with the last book I was reading (really long and just drags on and on....and on and on....and on. :p I've decided to take a break from it and switch to another.

Previous book was: That Dark and Bloody River / Chronicles of the Ohio River Valley by Allan W. Eckert

Current book is: Inside The Third Reich by Albert Speer (I'm no nazi sympathizer or anything btw)

I'm currently reading "The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome" by Tony Atwood. I expected Tony Atwood's books to be more positive, but I beg to differ. Have any Aspies read this book?

I'm usually reading at least two books. Now I'm reading House Rules by Jodi Picoult (rereading this), Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James (which is every bit as ghastly as I imagined), The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion, and Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit (like it better than the movie already).

Writing is My Drink by Theo Nestor, Alice Munro's interview from The Paris Review Interview collection, Aspergirls, a Wendell Berry interview, and some stories by Alice Munro.

New Threads

Top Bottom