• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What books are you currently reading?

I couldn't really get myself to finishing the book I mentioned earlier, so I kinda took a break from it. I will finish it sometime soon though. I did however, pick up a new book in between. Which to some extent deals with religion as well... just on a less "serious" note and is more surreal.

View attachment 1491

So far it's awesome...

A Primate's Memoir by Robert Sapolsky (started reading it today. It's amazingly funny. Sapolsky is my favorite author and scientist now!)

Drive by James Sallis, the source novel for my favorite movie of this year (Go see it if it's still playing somewhere near you!). I confess that I was partially attracted to it because it's short and has large-ish print and a fair amount of white space. It's pretty different from the movie so far.

Last edited:
41rVjjWrV3L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

still reading and definitely going to finish it.

Currently nothing cause my tablet/e-reader broke down. Damn you android!

Oh well, up to jailbreaking and flashing it is ^^

So the only thing I am reading is "how to flash a tablet" lol

You'd be interested to know that I am reading on an Android phone sometimes. :O

Hope it works out. Sometimes it doesn't.

Apple's and Amazon's systems are stable, and they supposedly have better reading flow. At least, for now.

IMG_0765.JPG

In his charmingly down-to-earth voice, Sagan easily discusses his views on topics ranging from manic depression and the possibly chemical nature of transcendance to creationism and so-called intelligent design to the likelihood of intelligent life on other planets to the likelihood of nuclear annihilation of our own to a new concept of science as "informed worship." Exhibiting a breadth of intellect nothing short of astounding, he illuminates his explanations with examples from cosmology, physics, philosophy, literature, psychology, cultural anthropology, mythology, theology, and more. Sagan's humorous, wise, and at times stunningly prophetic observations on some of the greatest mysteries of the cosmos have the invigorating effect of stimulating the intellect, exciting the imagination, and reawakening us to the grandeur of life in the cosmos.

I'll resume Magician once I'm done reading this.

Nine Princes in Amber by Roger Zelazny which is book 1 of The Chronicles of Amber:

126581.png

bestfantasybooks said:
This is one series that people seem to brush over in favor of all the "modern" stuff. Big mistake. Amber's a classic series that's been around for a few decades now. It's a different kind of fantasy, but it doesn't follow the standard "epic" fantasy conventions. This makes it a breath of fresh air to read.

What makes this series "better" than all the other stuff? Well Amber is bay far one of the most unique and utterly fascinating fantasy worlds, outside of Tolkien. The world created by Zelazny is one where magic and science rule, where illusions and reality blend together. If you've read science fiction, you'll be familiar with the basic premise: the world is made up of parallel universes, each of these universes a reflection of the original world, a city called Amber. Everything is but a pale shadow of Amber. Earth is but a shadow.

Into this mix throw in the squabbling princes and princesses of Amber. Only the Royal blood of Amber can move through the different worlds freely. And many of the siblings don't get along...

All in all, Amber is a fascinating fantasy world that you will want to explore. It's hands down better than most of the fantasy series on the market right now.

I read this book many years ago and liked it. I hope I'll like the rest of the series.

I loved God Delusion. What do you think of it so far?

I'm into religion that much any way, so it kinda defeats the purpose of telling me what BS it apparently is. The arguments are funny though... but perhaps I just have a really weird sense of humor... when reading it, I thought I was reading some kind of satire instead of solid proven arguments.

I'm into religion that much any way, so it kinda defeats the purpose of telling me what BS it apparently is. The arguments are funny though... but perhaps I just have a really weird sense of humor... when reading it, I thought I was reading some kind of satire instead of solid proven arguments.

Yeah, I was already an atheist, but I still loved the book. Youtube clips and documentaries of Richard Dawkins are always fun, particuarly when he read all his threats and horrible reactions from religious fanatics. =P

Psychology by Martin, Carlson and Buskist.

Thank you kasmanaft08 for the rec. May explore more from there

Yeah, I was already an atheist, but I still loved the book. Youtube clips and documentaries of Richard Dawkins are always fun, particuarly when he read all his threats and horrible reactions from religious fanatics. =P

lol. reading it, I noticed I forgot the word "not" as in "I'm NOT into..." it makes up for such a weird sentence. I consider myself an atheist... thought I'd clarify that because of the little mess up, heh.

I've seen a couple of those videos, they're hilarious... it does kinda show off how easily some religious people are actually ticked off by a publication like that

New Threads

Top Bottom