• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your IQs and a bit on why I'm asking and how it relates to autism

If you're going to ask this question then you need to be more specific. There are different IQ tests and they are not all created equally and will produce different scores. There are all sorts of IQ tests. For example, Mensa accepts a 132 on the Stanford–Binet test but requires a 148 on the Cattell.

There is reason for this.

I got pulled out of kindergarten class to get tested and supposedly scored as "gifted". Also took a more in-depth test during my diagnosis phase and scored all over the place, though I don't know an exact number. Hasn't made a lick of a difference, and the same could probably be said for a lot of people here.

All in all, there's more to life than a triple-digit number.

Reading that ^ made me flinch at the inappropriateness.

Struggling to process lots of information is a bad label?

Even people with a low IQ don't deserve to be labelled the above.
I was commenting on how they said they struggled to process information in what they said or at least I thought they did I didn't say they had trouble processing information just because that's what I thought and I was telling them they arent a moron

I took an online IQ test just for.. not fun probably but, a way to kill some time, idk? lol.
It gave me a number that would be vulgar to post here and compared me to Barack Obama and Albert Einstein (estimated). Apparently I am between the two. I had to laugh. I have nothing better to do than take pointless online tests to kill time, but yeah I'm just so like those people. :rolleyes:
I don't think it was a good test, by the way. All the questions were far too easy. I think the number was way off and I'm just in the upper normal range as far as IQ goes. As others have said IQ is only a number and doesn't equate to an easy life or social success.

I had 2 IQ tests of the same type within the same year and the results were a standard deviation apart. I won't say how much.

1. People on the (I dont like this term) high functioning end usually have a higher IQ and people on the lower functioning levels have low IQs.
Here in Germany, high functioning and low functioning autism are distinguished based on IQ
If you have an IQ of over 70, you are automatically high functioning

I have never met someone who does claim the opposite of people's statements on IQ.

Strawman-argument.jpg

The poor strawman's head has been cut off! :eek:

Mine is mid 130's but outside of being great at written test taking, like SusanLR, my EFD has me looking like a bumbling fool ( or the absent-minded professor, if you get me talking). Bottom line: I'm smarter than I appear, yet dumber than I sound!

The socially accepted response would be, "pssh, I don't know. I would probably do bad on it." Like most have said, Intelligence quotient means nothing.

Reading that ^ made me flinch at the inappropriateness.

Even people with a low IQ don't deserve to be labelled the above.

Coincidentally, this used to be the score in the past of human history... one has to wonder how much growth humanity can do in just a hundred years

unknown.png

New Threads

Top Bottom