• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your goals for 2023?

1. Be a better educator.
2. Loose a few inches around my waist.
3. Finish up some design and engineering of the dream home for my wife and I into our retirement years.

Be a better person, be a better person, be a better person, be a better person, be a better person, be a better person, and embrace myself more.

1.) Manage my time better around the new job so I may invest more of myself in things that are more important, like my studies or my writing.
2.) Should I pursue a PhD, my goal is to be a 4.0 student.
3.) Should I not pursue a PhD, then I'll finish preparing 2 syllabuses, re-apply to teach in the fall semester and, with the rest of my time, write & seek publication.
4.) Refresh my Nietzschean studies in anticipation of a very interesting discussion come May
5.) Continue learning conversational German (add academic German next year??)
6.) Continue losing weight / working out / eating better (I'm down 40 lbs since July)
7.) Resolve whether or not it would be to my benefit to pursue a formal diagnosis of autism.
8.) Since graduating last May, I've been lost--like I'm in freefall or something. I need to find a new 'normal'. To do that, I need to resolve our present emotional chaos or anything I attempt to do will just stay as it is. (I'm just having the time of it right now simply trying to get done the usual day-to-day things. Living in this present headspace is absolutely ridiculous.)

Last edited:
-Make a serious commitment to veganism (I’ve tried before, but I can’t stick to it)
-Find a sport to play (maybe martial arts?)
-Have healthy self esteem

Mask harder.
Be more accomodating
Speak less

Apologies for not having any constructive goals, I really wish I did. Hey there's one.

Find something constructive.

As such I can appreciate, laud, and applaud everyone's goals. Best of luck with them and a prosperous new year to you all.

Last edited:
Another goal for me this year is to try to improve my art work skills. I would like to try to be creative on many different things but drawing is something that I used to do when I was younger, and whilst I wasn’t very good (in my opinion), I did feel like it was a good hobby to do and I miss drawing my weird gremlin creatures. So maybe next year, i could do that too. I did try to do Inktober, and after missing some days, just stopped doing it. I could do a lot of things better…=)

Immortality.
If I haven't achieved my goal by January 2nd may go after world domination until the 16th.

On the morning of the 17th I may awake and plunder...somewhere.
A village or hamlet.
Simply because I haven't experienced this yet. Have not yet plundered anything.

From 19th onwards I'm taking a holiday til 2024.
(Burnout)

I would really appreciate it when someone in general would draw something for me or me (even when this is not the best motive (joke) lol)). you can write people in many different ways (comic, anime and so on).

but I not was close to someone who was able to draw.

dunno why but I would find this really great, because it would be unique, it´s nothing which you can buy and it would be a memorabilia for me.

but I don´t pay people for that, not because of the money, but because that wouldn´t feel the same.

but I wouldn´t know what I can give back to that person.

this would be a really cool birthday present for me. lol.

1. Read more nonfiction.

2. Get better at guitar and buy equipment for recording music so I can record a debut EP.

3. Join the PSL or CPUSA.

4. Do drugs.

5. Get laid.

6. Become a slave by engaging in wage labor.

Last edited:
None. What's the point in having goals when I'm living in a doomed world and probably going going to die or go completely insane by the time I'm 50?

None. What's the point in having goals when I'm living in a doomed world and probably going going to die or go completely insane by the time I'm 50?
Goals are the first and more important step to make a plan.

A plan is the human way to use the resources you do have to pass from your present situation to another future situation that will be closer to your goals.

There are bigger, stronger and faster animals. Some animals fly, others swim, some can endure months without drinking, some can resist freezing temperatures.

There is no living form on earth that can plan remotely like adults humans do.

People who dont set their goals or plan, will be used as human resources to satisfy others goals and plans.

Thats why having goals and planning is important. Its our small source of freedom.

New Threads

Top Bottom