• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your favourite Christmas songs?

Wah, bumhug!
Some people have experience intense loss on the holidays, and now hate them. Also, December can be a very difficult month for those that are not Christian, or are just secular. Try walking in another person's shoes for a while; it might make you less judgemental.

yeh, I shoulda remembered "xmas @ ground zero" - brings back 80s memories for me, when strange allen;) released that song as part of his "polka party" record, I think that was it at least.

Since Christmas songs are inescapable this time of year, I like "Last Christmas" by Wham and the John Lennon/Yoko Ono song.

Here's a few from me that I like to hear:

1. A Spaceman Came Traveling - Chris De Burgh (I also like the Celtic Woman cover, but you can't beat the original).

2. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey (Overrated maybe, but I do like listening to this one).

3. A Winter's Tale - Queen

4. It Feels Like Christmas - Muppet Christmas Carol (I love all the songs from this film - including Belle's song - but I'll put this one here)

5. Wonderful Dream (Holidays are Coming) - Melanie Thornton (Yeah, it's the song from the Coca-Cola adverts but whenever I hear it, it helps get me in the holiday mood).

Last edited:
Christmas Time Is Here from A Charlie Brown Christmas. I've got a ton of other favorites, but that is the big one.

It's on Dr. Dememto's funny Christmas songs album so I'm including it, even if it really isn't a song: "Santa Claus and his Old Lady" by Cheech and Chong.

Darlene Love on Letterman: Christmas, baby please come home.

Also when Hugh Grant's Prime Minister sings Good King Wenceslaus in 'Love Actually' and his bodyguard joins in.

(Olive, the Other Reindeer: the best holiday special you may not have heard of and/or remember.)

(This is the best version. Sorry, Elvis fans.)

(Like the previous song, this has a certain throwback appeal.)

(I prefer this over Mary's Boy Child because MBC reminds me of the awful, awful Neil Diamond version.)

God rest ye merry gentleman , Gaudete,the instrumental section at the very beginning of 'do they know it's Christmas' -band aid -its eerie (1985).
The frog chorus ( mainly because of the video ) Paul McCartney .
Good King Wenceslas - I like the imagery

the stereo edit of the phil spector record, "a Christmas gift for You." specifically, the track "sleigh ride" by the ronettes.

Carol of the Bells.

Oh Holy Night.

Bing Crosby and David Bowie's Little Drummer Boy(?) - unsure of title.

Many more Carol-type tunes (rather than pop songs)

My favourite Christmas songs are December Song George Michael,Wonderful Christmas time Paul McCartney,I believe in Father Christmas Greg Lake,Driving home for Christmas Chris Rea,The Christmas Song Nat King Cole,The Shepherd's Pipe Carol and The Sussex Carol.
They conjure up many happy memories around this time of year.

giphy.gif

From the ones I can remember off-hand, my top favorites are:

John Lennon's "Happy Xmas"
Nuttin' For Christmas
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Oh Christmas Tree
The Twelve Days of Christmas
Silent Night
Oh Little Town of Bethlehem
Away In A Manger

New Threads

Top Bottom