• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are we grateful for today?

upload_2022-6-21_12-32-37.png

I was trying to find the "how do you feel today" thread without success, so I will post here, because it is also something I am very grateful for.

In re: a friend who cut off our friendship abruptly and that has caused me a lot of sadness.

I have been processing this and a lot of the mixture of feelings that go with it. But today, in my meeting for worship, I was moved to give up this person to the care of God. My ministry was something to the effect "Lord, I commend this person to your care," and held up my open hands.

And I am left with a great feeling of relief. The tension in my stomach has lessened.

I may have to repeat this exercise many times, as I process this. But for today, I am very grateful that Spirit led me release this into the hands of a power much greater than myself.

In re: a friend who cut off our friendship abruptly and that has caused me a lot of sadness.

I'll just say, I sympathize with this one.

I went through this very recently myself. It feels terrible, doesnt it?

But I also quickly found out, there's always others out there who can be your friend too... so that's always worth remembering.

I'll just say, I sympathize with this one.

I went through this very recently myself. It feels terrible, doesnt it?

But I also quickly found out, there's always others out there who can be your friend too... so that's always worth remembering.
People are replaceable.

Thank you, Misery. It does feel terrible and somewhat crazy-making if I let it.
Thank you, tree. I’m still finding my way around the categories here.

I am grateful that I am reasonably healthy, have plenty of food, and that I am able to live comfortably. I am grateful that my wife has put up with me the past 30 years. Grateful for simple pleasures, a few friends, and special interests to keep me busy. Grateful for wine whiskey, and vodka, as someone else mentioned. Also grateful that COViD has subsided and that I haven’t gotten Monkeypox. Too many things to list.

New Threads

Top Bottom