• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are we grateful for today?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Yeah, I have been dwelling on self pity for too long in recent days. Time to make a gratitude list in these days of social distancing and the insecure worldwide climate.

I am grateful I am still employed. I have a roof over my head, food in my kitchen, clothes on my back, a comfy bed, more video games than any human realistically needs, a couple of very close RL friends. I am on the road to fiscal security, my credit rating does not currently suck, public transportation does not suck where I live. I have telemeetings I can attend for my 12 step fix. I have relatively good health, even if I am heavier than I should be presently. Marijuana is legal in my state. I have good doctors and good medical care currently. And this social distancing won’t last forever, even if it feels like it might.

So, what is your gratitude list?

Hi @KagamineLen here here to fiscal security. Personally I'm grateful to be in school, and for this site when as of last week thought I'd diversify the old computer mediated hangouts. Seems much friendlier here then elsewhere. Later

I'm grateful for that change I begged and bargained the universe for.
icon_star.gif

Thank you to whoever or whatever made it happen.

Grateful to not leave today in a body bag. I am glad the kitchen staff had the f-word reserved for a different waitress - not me. Glad l remember where l stashed my shoe. And for meeting a gorgeous guy in my lifetime.

I've a great family, 2 perfect dogs, and I can do pretty much whatever I want, whenever I want. Money is never a concern. And I've got this absurd PC, and a VR setup to escape into that can help keep my mental state under control better. And it's not winter right now. Did I mention the dogs?

I also am rather glad that I am not covered in flesh-eating ants.

I had to laugh at the "more video games than anyone realistically needs". I keep buying games in the Steam sale and I haven't had time to play them. I'm working from home at the moment and just want to turn my laptop off at the end of the day and not use it anymore.

Anyway, I'll have a load to play over the Christmas break.

I am thankful that I live near the beach. I love going for walks and unwinding.

I am grateful i have a lovely Grand-Daughter who reminds me of the joy of 'living in the moment, i love books, music and exercise, i have my own home and friends that love me, i have a ex boyfriend that i'm unable to have as a life partner but who's always there for me when the s*** hits the pan.

I'm grateful for many things, to be honest I can't really complain. But first and foremost I'm grateful for my wife and son. Also, it's been brutally hot here recently and I'd surely be dead without air conditioning an nice cold showers. Good thread, its Very pleasant to see positivity!

At my age, I am grateful when I wake up every morning. What I am most grateful for is my wonderful family. Family really is everything and I am very lucky to have them.

I'm grateful for
free time and enough money in the bank,
people I care about,
the cat,
that when things go a bit -or a lot- wrong there's always a plan B that can be made,
seemingly infinite detective series to be found on Sky,
interests like writing and gardening and walking,
good health.

I guess I can be grateful I have a sponsor and a therapist who are convinced that I can eventually be happy with who I am, and that one day I can be happy even when I am completely and utterly alone 99% of the time.

I am grateful that I can pick up fried chicken at Fred Meyer today. A victory for empty hedonism.

I'm grateful for many things, to be honest I can't really complain. But first and foremost I'm grateful for my wife and son. Also, it's been brutally hot here recently and I'd surely be dead without air conditioning an nice cold showers. Good thread, its Very pleasant to see positivity!

I've been vary grateful for the air conditioning here were I'm at. it's been getting about 110~115'F outside for the last 2 weeks. Last fall, I install a mini-split system in my house and it's been a real help in this hot weather.

New Threads

Top Bottom