• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Are Common Annoying Things NTs Do in Relationships?

Annoying things:

-talking about feelings too much. so much it makes me uncomfortable
-assuming that my failure to talk about my feelings means they don't exist
-not asking me about those things in a straight-up, non-confrontational manner.

Also I get really irked by the 'dating advice' that gets bandied around. Especially stuff about 'emotional unavailability'- which advises people to run away and if the advice were followed many people with AS would be single forever. A lot of that advice does not tolerate different perspectives. But people lap it up and espouse it like some godforsaken truth, its madness.

Maybe we wont get it unless we experience it, lol.

Are you an NT?
Are you an introvert or extrovert? If you're an introvert, maybe it's easier.

What is your age? Relationship is not the same as marriage. There's ton of overall responsibilities and daily responsibilities.

Are you willing to be alone in all aspects? Emotionally, physically, in doing responsibilities, housechores, holiday, planning, management, etc.

Are you willing to be the lone captain, manager, crew, chef, cleaner, maid, clerk, financial officer, care taker etc of your marriage ship? Without any crew. He will not be your crew. He'll be the passenger/customer. Maybe. Are you ok with that

Do you like mothering an adult man, at all time, in all aspect? Do you want to be his mother figure?

Are you willing to plan everything alone? Are you willing to give clear instruction, almost every time? Like writing an algorithm to make an AI, from scratch, even from the assembly language. But you wont get the perfect AI which has the emotion you expect in human.

Are you willing to do everything related to your marriage, alone?

If you like doing all the above, then it's fine. Like the traditional Japanese wives, or even the modern-time working Japanese wives. You can research about how they manage to do it all. I always admire how they can be such superwomen.

New Threads

Top Bottom