• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wearing headphones in public

Walk fast, look pissed. It's surprising that people will bother you while wearing headphones. I don't usually get that problem, and I sure as hell don't get it twice because of the furious death-look I'll give anyone who forces me to pause my music, take out my earbuds, and ask them what the hell they want. The way I see it, wearing headphones/earbuds should be a perfectly clear indicator that you wish to be left alone, so they are in the wrong.

If you really want to be left alone, use the headphones and carry a stress ball. People leave you alone when you're squeezing a stress ball.

Funny thing that I tried this today, but that didn't work. That person even made physical contact and made me to stop, that usually makes me even angrier.
She was asking for directions...And I am very bad at this, despite of using this public transport network for 15 years. And I got away by answering in english.
Will try to carry a stress ball.

New Threads

Top Bottom