• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

We must stop bullying people with autism

How did 4Chan make autism a "thing?" I'm confused.

In certain parts of the internet people use autism as an insult, mostly people who don't know what it is, but I believe from what I've seen and read that it originated from 4chan, well on 4channers they normally say autistic instead of dumb or stupid. They always make stereotypes and say it's fake. If you wanna look you usually find it in the my little pony forums.. mostly /v/ and /b/... shouldn't take to long to find.
Thing is I've started seeing it on facebook as well, normally on highly offensive pages like Filthy Frank, Any kind of "meme" page, and it's very frequently mentioned on the Filthy Frank show, which is a pretty popular. Mostly you see it in the comment section...

In certain parts of the internet people use autism as an insult, mostly people who don't know what it is, but I believe from what I've seen and read that it originated from 4chan, well on 4channers they normally say autistic instead of dumb or stupid. They always make stereotypes and say it's fake. If you wanna look you usually find it in the my little pony forums.. mostly /v/ and /b/... shouldn't take to long to find.
Thing is I've started seeing it on facebook as well, normally on highly offensive pages like Filthy Frank, Any kind of "meme" page, and it's very frequently mentioned on the Filthy Frank show, which is a pretty popular. Mostly you see it in the comment section...
Oh, also on youtube in the my little pony section, minecraft section and videos which contain "cringe" in the title, such and such..

I've successfully dodged 4chan for many years. I don't think I even know what the URL is, it's just a word to describe to me what is the epitome of internet culture. They'll find somebody else to pick on before long.

I don't know that it's any more important to not bully aspie people, anymore than it is to people generally. I don't know, I mean, I don't think I want to be treated like I'm more vulnerable and more of a victim for being aspie. I want people to be more compassionate towards me, and for society to be that way in general but not for my aspie traits.

I wonder what kind of emotional problems that woman had. Most people who are mean are just projecting their own problems and failures.

The last time someone was viciously screaming at me angrily I felt like we were reliving her childhood. But I was playing her, and she was playing whoever it was that talked to her in such a way. Some of what she said was cliched, things you might hear a bad parent say to their child to put them down and berate them. I mean, I'm 20 but I guess I can play the part of the child as I don't look very adult or mature. Unfortunately for her I didn't play as she would have liked me to, despite how much she wished I would argue back at her I knew I couldn't win anything playing that game, as she was in an advantageous position.

Quickly I realised the situation was hopeless. I stared at her emotionlessly and said clearly 'ok'. She looked surprised by that response.

I waited to see if she'd say more but she didn't so I left. It's incredibly important to me to not let people get a reaction out of me or have them understand what I am feeling at all. Because if I show weakness or anxiety, they win. Besides, how dare someone think they have the privilege to view, be aware of or understand my emotions? That is something I offer when I want to. Of course there are times when I have to shut down due to anxiety and I can't choose not to look weak. But it makes me extremely angry to think that I can't help that. Sooo angry.

She phoned up to apologise 10 minutes after I had left. Which is hilarious because it could not have been her decision. The boss was near by and must have told her how unprofessional she was acting and that she should apologize.

I've had to deal with this woman a few times as she works for the real estate company I'm renting from. She was mean to me from the day I signed up for this property. She never has the guts to be mean when she's carrying out rental inspections here though, pathetic, attacks me on her home turf (office) and too timid to do anything when it's just me and her.

That is a shame she does that to you. That's exactly what I have to deal with at school every... single... day. I've learned that the suspects of bullying (from my family, that is...) have nothing better to do and just want to blame others for their problems. If they seriously want to take out their problems, they need to do it on a brick wall, not on someone like us who are more prone to bullying.

I think we have better things to do than worry about what a bunch of mouthy little cowards have to say from behind their keyboards!

These people don't seem like the type any of us should be wasting our time on trying to explain what Autism is and isn't. No offense but you can't force a horse to drink from a water barrel if it doesn't want to and to me, people on the internet don't want to take the time to give a damn about Autism and what it is.

It's always easier to use stereotypes against people than to admit defeat, it's always easier to bully someone when you think there's no repercussions for your actions :(

And when bullies do go too far, they cringe and cry like the pieces of filth they really are because they want to pay the price for what they've done!

This is sad and frustrating and I very much hate how people are still using medical terms as slurs!

For bullying to stop of any kind, the world needs to grow the **** up ! :/

I was wondering when I'd see something like this:

Iowa parents defend bullying of autistic teen

A school gets outed on the TV news in a story on how this 13-year-old kid gets bullied, so:
- Parents of his classmates flood the TV station with angry emails saying the kid deserved it 'cause he's a little douchebag (I paraphrase)
- The principal makes a statement saying that was shown in the report was "not bullying" and that bullying matters should be sorted out by the students themselves
- The mother of the kid is now getting harrassed
- A guy states he's proud of his nephew--the autistic kid called the nephew a nasty name, so nephew punched autistic kid in the mouth

That's a great thing to be proud of. Good preparation for a life of Iowa barfights.

I'm pretty sure two wrongs don't make a right.

The attitude of the school and the parents of the classmates sound exactly like the attitude my brother in law has..He feels the fact I'm an aspie gives him the right to abuse me both physically and emotionally...

New Threads

Top Bottom