• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Was this rejection it seems like it?

If you know those women are single, and probably people know who you are at the church at this point, you probably know enough to be able to sense that these women are not interested in you. They probably know that you are looking for a partner- some people can sense that.

Your friend who says you are not ready for a relationship is totally on the mark.

If you want a partner, you need to be able to care of yourself.
Do you cook your own food? Do you have a job and live independently?
Do you exercise regularly? (this is something I need to do more myself)

Tony

Your friend is right.

You want a relationship, and you can make yourself ready. But you have some essential personal development to work through before you can hope for a successful relationship.

And please don't underestimate the downside of pushing too far too soon. It's hard to reconnect with people that have been driven away by inappropriate behavior.

(NB: This post isn't comment on paloftoon's above. "For the record" I agree with everything in that post.

Now you are giving me mixed messages. First you tell me to go up to girls I don't know how to talk to them. I did so and now you are saying not to do it. Really make up your mind.

Are You not ready for a relationship?

Perhaps. What value do you bring to a relationship? Are you able to entertain the thought of being vulnerable even when you have anxiety approaching a woman? I do not see you being comfortable with yourself and enjoying life single.

I too had been frustrated at finding a relationship and when I saw myself harboring negative thoughts about couples and women, that is when i decided that change started with me.

New Threads

Top Bottom