• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Georgia Galaxy

Georgie Girl <3
V.I.P Member
In general, What do you do when you're waiting for something and how long does it take you to do it? Me, I like to watch videos or read, but reading is sometimes better ^^ Both is good for knowledge, and sometimes I believe that I've learned all there is to know about a certain topic but I'm kinda wrong.

I usually listen to music while I’m waiting for stuff, or watch YouTube videos. And sometimes read as well.

How long it takes usually depends on what it is. If I’m waiting for something I have any control over, not that long because I’m pretty efficient.
If it’s something like waiting for a doctor’s appointment, or renewing my driver’s license, going to the bank, filling a prescription, etc, those things can take forever. It really depends on how fast the service goes.

Depends. If It's important enough, to make me anxious, I will either: Ruminate. Youtube. Stress out. Pull ups. Ruminate some more. Not care/zone out/ do nothing.

I watch a TV show while playing Patience or Sudoku. Reading is a definite no-no for me, if I start reading I can lose all track of time, lose track of the world itself, look up after a bit and realise that the whole night has passed without me noticing.

This depends on what I am waiting for and how long I am waiting for it. If it's something not important then I'll probably just continue doing whatever I was doing during that day.

One of my biggest anxiety triggers is waiting for something that is already making me nervous and having no control over the outcome and just having to wait to find out what happens. So if we're talking about waiting for something important or stressful that's a different story.

Probably my only attempt at sarcasm.

To play the "Final Jeopardy" music in my head until I was finished with waiting. Corny as hell. My bad. :rolleyes:

Though on select moments of waiting I may hear a very different kind of music:

Last edited:
There's always something that needs to be done, waiting isn't really a problem for me. If I have to wait for something and not do anything, it's a nice break. A chance to relax a little.

Is it "meta" to listen to a song called "Waiting" while you're waiting for something?

I usually listen to music while I’m waiting for stuff, or watch YouTube videos. And sometimes read as well.

How long it takes usually depends on what it is. If I’m waiting for something I have any control over, not that long because I’m pretty efficient.
If it’s something like waiting for a doctor’s appointment, or renewing my driver’s license, going to the bank, filling a prescription, etc, those things can take forever. It really depends on how fast the service goes.
Aww that's really good! I try to be content with my environment or a quiet moment, sometimes napping a little during the day *yawn* YouTube is comforting for me :)

If left in a waiting room for an appointment or an interview I can always just drop in to a daydream as well. Just sit there with my hands in my lap and a half smile on my face and let my mind wander elsewhere. I can keep that up for quite a long time if I have to.

How did your acting debut go?

In general, What do you do when you're waiting for something and how long does it take you to do it? Me, I like to watch videos or read, but reading is sometimes better ^^ Both is good for knowledge, and sometimes I believe that I've learned all there is to know about a certain topic but I'm kinda wrong.
Waiting for someone in what regard? Typically the only person I wait for is my fiancee. Sometimes I get anxious when we're supposed to have left by a certain time and we don't leave on time; this though is due to their ADHD. It's not that I'm not patient; but my mind just has horrible anticipation that doesn't dissipate til we're doing what we're doing when we say we're doing it.

I had twelve years of school to teach me to daydream. I design things, do mental calculations, and try to compose prose. I also learned to meditate anywhere, which can come in handy for calming down.
I sometimes take a pocket book, but never a smartphone.
Medium-term, I have some weekly events, and will sometimes do extensive preparation for them, and sometimes just arrange to show up at my best.
Long-term, I live my whole life waiting to meet a partner, business or otherwise, and for people to get serious about living sustainably.

Waiting for someone in what regard? Typically the only person I wait for is my fiancee. Sometimes I get anxious when we're supposed to have left by a certain time and we don't leave on time; this though is due to their ADHD. It's not that I'm not patient; but my mind just has horrible anticipation that doesn't dissipate til we're doing what we're doing when we say we're doing it.
I understand. ^^

I had twelve years of school to teach me to daydream. I design things, do mental calculations, and try to compose prose. I also learned to meditate anywhere, which can come in handy for calming down.
I sometimes take a pocket book, but never a smartphone.
Medium-term, I have some weekly events, and will sometimes do extensive preparation for them, and sometimes just arrange to show up at my best.
Long-term, I live my whole life waiting to meet a partner, business or otherwise, and for people to get serious about living sustainably.
Aww that's nice, I've only used my phone for strictly texting and taking photos for a long time now, I use my devices for everything else and sort of have restrictive hobbies that I've established for myself, things I enjoy doing ^^

If left in a waiting room for an appointment or an interview I can always just drop in to a daydream as well. Just sit there with my hands in my lap and a half smile on my face and let my mind wander elsewhere. I can keep that up for quite a long time if I have to.

How did your acting debut go?
Aww that's really nice, I find it easier sometimes when you're outside, alone, away from family and a nice quiet environment - It's easier for waiting. It went very well, it was very stressful but I got through it. I got paid 50$ for it and might be in another thing someday ^^ The video will be uploaded in 4 to 6 weeks.

New Threads

Top Bottom