• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video Games~

1337ROOSTER

hey guys 21 year old guy here and i play a lot of video games, i mean A LOT. my main platform i play on is "Steam", some of you may or may not have heard of it. well on steam i play a game called "Team Fortress 2" which is a multiplayer/multi-class FPS which has a variety of characters to choose from, the gameplay is uber fun (no pun intended) and can be a great time killer.
so anyway the main point of this thread is video games, i'm sure a fair amount of you play them maybe even a few of you play team fortress 2. My question is what kind of games do you all like? also if any of you do use steam or/and play team fortress 2 and want to add me just ask.:H

I play games from time to time, but I usually play them for narrative and all, like say... an interactive movie.

Currently I'm still playing Fallout: New Vegas. Could go to the endgame, but I just like wandering around, exploring new stuff. And besides that I play Magic the gathering: Online... not the Duels of the planeswalkers thing, but the stuff with virtual cards. Play tournaments sometimes. Used to play that with real cards, but there isn't a lot going on in my area so MTGO is a better way to stay into the game.

But yeah... games, I tend to go more into shooters, as long as they have some good setting to it. I liked Hellgate, which I got into after I read the comics and books. I enjoyed Fallout 3 and I liked both Bioshocks. Half-life 1 & 2 are games I enjoyed... but yeah, perhaps the kinda general stuff. But if it's in a own "universe" and has more to it than just "fancy guns" I might be interested. I'm still looking forward to playing Deus Ex 3, but I guess my graphicscard wont let me. Same goes for Rage... and I doubt the new Batman game would be smooth. But I'm still planning on upgrading to a Radeon 5800+ or 6800+ somewhere series depending on budget. 8800 GT's are fine... correction; were fine, heh. I enjoy some RTS games like The command and conquer series which was quite awesome (except for the recent stuff :') )and I liked the Dawn of war games (DoW2 didn't do much for me). I used to grind a lot online with Diablo 2 about 10 years ago or so, so for nostalgia sake I'm looking forward to D3.

Funny you mention TF2, I used to play that through steam quite a lot a year of 3 ago, but I only cared for that Store map, which, back then was the only team deathmatch thing. I tried other games like Quake and all, but they didn't really do it for me. Wacky stuff in TF is what got me hooked. Haven't installed it recently, but I might just do that somewhere soon... probably winter, heh.

As for other platforms... I used to own a 360. Still own, but it's broken... damn you 3-rings! I might try to fix it... after all, it can't work any less. But on consoles I tend to play beat 'm up games like Tekken, SFIV, Virtua fighter and stuff like that. Did the same as a kid when I had a SNES and the entire Mortal kombat thing going on. To kill some time I enjoy the Raw vs. Smackdown wrestlinggames as well. My thing with consoles kinda is... I put switch them on when someone is around, that's why I pretty much have something like that. I'm not that much of a lone gamer kinda person. And to some extent something like Tekken is quite easy to pick up for anyone (granted if you have it around you're prone in getting better at it) and you can have lots of fun just beating each other up, rather then someone sitting next to you while you slug out another mission in CoD.

Final platform; my DS, but I use it mostly for music creation. DS-10 is awesome. That being said, I do have a NES emulator on it and play some NES games on my DS. Primarily the Megaman games. Though I'm planning on getting a NES for the heck of it.

But no actually, I'm not a big gamer. Spend roughly... an hour a day or so on actual games. Alright.. might be 2, heh... but that's pretty much it.

Got a DS & PSP before I got a laptop but not really played that many different games on them, in comparison to others here. Still planning to replay Final Fantasy 3 on the DS soon & kept FF1 to redo on PSP, don't seem to be able to get into FF2 on it, though. Played FF4 on the former plenty but still got that & Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (did 'upgrade' to a DS lite but so far not enough reason for me to go onto a later version, that can't play that game). Also FFTA2 Grimoire of the Rift, the 3 DS Catlevanias & Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, although that seems a bad mix of tactics & rpg games for me. Then, VP Lenneth for PSP, with it' s LONG intro & I loved Star Ocean 2nd Evolution, but my disc stopped working on that, before I could finish the Maze of Tribulations or go onto Universe levels, sadly.
It seems impossible to get that disc or the previous one on PSP over here, so I'll have to try to find an emulator for my laptop that'll play the download versions, when I've time. But there's so much to do with a laptop that I don't play those games much while it's working. I'm doing FF4 advance on a GBA emulator, as there's an extra couple of dungeons in that version & you can choose your characters for the final dungeon from all you had in your party during the game.

Only video game Iv really enjoyed is Donkey Kong Country 2 for the Super Nintendo. I was hooooooooooooked for the longest time :) I dont really play many video games anymore, though.

For me, ANY of the Fallout games in any format, any RPG (Role Playing Game) in any format to be precise. I also love a simple little arcade game that goes by the title; "Moon Patrol", really want to buy a sit down table arcade machine of this one. Saw 1 on eBay once, looking at something else and there it was, the fella wanted like 8 and a half grand plus shipping... No way! Would love to own an actual stand up arcade machine of the original "Mortal Komat" too

I mainly play games for their campaign/story mode but am increasingly liking online play too. The main games I would play are: Metal Gear Solid series, Uncharted series, Hitman series, Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto and so-on.

I mostly play games on Steam, now I'm really into Skyrim, which I love. It takes up so much time it shouldn't be legal. I've played a tiny bit of TF2, but I'm no god at it. Although it's so fun :) The graphics are great and super funny. Anyway, I play some Modern Warfare 2 and Portal 1 & 2(not on Steam).
So I'm heading back to Skyrim now. :D

My cousin had Donkey Kong, on whatever those things were called that only played the one game! Just got a new phone with PacMan, although I'd have to pay for it if I wanted to play it again, which I won't. Those games are still available in compilations for most consoles, I'm sure; I know I've seen plenty of such things around.

Steam is great! I haven't paid full price for a game for years, because I just wait for stuff to go on steam sale. Right now I'm playing through Deus Ex and Skyrim. I picked both of them up on sale over Christmas, and they've got a lot of content, so they'll keep me busy for awhile. When I do multiplayer, I tend to like Team Fortress and L4D2. I'm also fond of Monday Night Combat.

New Threads

Top Bottom