• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video games you're playing?

.....who in the heck put this in "music movies and television"? *facepalm* *facedesk* *facetree* ....why in the world did they change the bloody forum anyway? I just... ugh. Clearly, it needed to be more annoying.

Anyway, playing the original Zelda, via an emulator. I found the "Zelda Randomizer", saw all the things it could do, and knew I had to try it. But I'm going to go through the first and second quests properly before making a real attempt at that.

Also I'd forgotten how bad the controls were for this game. Link's movement is so freaking bizarre. Always was.

There sure are alot of secret passages filled with old guys who take your money for no reason.

I've just been playing Shovel Knight post Breath of the Wild.

I'm awaiting to replay Lego City Undercover this week on Switch.

Today I was playing alot of Isaac. I had what's got to be the single craziest run yet.

This happened:

0QeQlo2.gif

I'm not even touching the controller in that image. Isaac literally became this perpetual walking tornado of explosions and utter chaos. I went through that entire floor without actually firing... all I needed to do was walk vaguely near something and it'd be destroyed.

Basically what happened was this: Buying every item ever from a single shop completely for free endlessly. Except the fantastically terrible items like Cursed Eye, because screw that.

Wasnt mods that caused it, either. Normal items. Diplopia to make the Steam Sale item appear twice (everything in shops free forever, when you have two of that), Restock to make shops endlessly get new items, and Chaos to make shops pull items from every single pool in the game. ALL of these items are sold in shops. After that, I could keep grabbing items endlessly, and each time, the spot the item had been in would be replaced by something new, and I'd grab that, and then the next, and then the next...

I could tell that it was starting to go overboard when the game started spawning the Breakfast item really frequently (happens when item pools are starting to run dry, which is quite the feat), and the very final item I grabbed was Missingno. Missingno takes your entire build, and randomizes the hell out of it when you go to the next floor. If you have 25 items at the time, they'll be replaced by 25 randomly chosen items when you go down. So I went down, aaaaaaaand... Isaac went Super Saiyan or something. I was just stunned by what I was seeing. What's more, he's completely invincible in the state you see there. NOTHING could hurt him. And even bosses died fast simply from him being in the same room as them. I also had 7 transformations at once, including Guppy and Cthulhu.

Wont be matching that run again anytime soon, no sir....

Alongside the stuff on Switch, I also snapped up The Order: 1886 when it was under £9 on PSN recently. I honestly don't get why critics were as harsh as they were regarding that game; it's not exactly going to be remembered as game of the generation but it's got a lot going for it and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm currently playing Nuclear Throne a lot. Plus my regular games of Don't Starve, Hearthstone, Gems of War and so on. I've been meaning to start a RPG but lack the patience to do so.

I'm playing Still playing Lego City Undercover on Switch.
The load times are greatly improved.

It will hold me over until Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Puyo Puyo Tetris drop at the end of the month.
The English demo drops for the latter tonight.

Also those who love Minecraft, it drops digitally on Switch in early May with the exclusive Nintendo content.

I might buy Minecraft this time around.

These games will hold me until ARMS drops on June 16th.
Also we get neon Yellow Joycons for Switch on that day.

Splatoon 2 is launching July 21st with Three new Amiibos worldwide.

Many other third party titles for Switch were announced too.

The two new Sonic games look really good.

Though none of the 3DS games announced today interest me (they are localizations)
My last 3DS will be Fire Emblem Echoces when it comes out next month.

I'm spending too much money on Switch over the next few months.

More Isaac. The more I mess with the stuff in the Afterbirth+ expansion, the more I'm loving it. And the thing I kept telling people would happen.... that sooner rather than later, someone would make a mod that rivals or outdoes Antibirth... is indeed happening (surprise). When you give people super easy modding capability, stuff like that is inevitable. Alongside all the OTHER awesome mods, now I'm hearing, surprise, tons of complaints from those that didnt buy AB+ but want to use the mods. This entertains me to no end.

Even when playing a run with mods off though, the new content is excellent. When mods are on though, I've been careful to only pick ones that fit the game's balance (and make it a little harder). I've got like, what, 50 of them installed? I switch between "modded" and "mostly vanilla" based on my mood. I never turn off the "tells me what items and such do" mod though. Now I dont have to alt-tab nearly as often.

Favorite mod so far: a character named Mei (no, not from Overwatch). I'd *love* to see this one added in one of the official booster packs. She would fit the game perfectly and has very fun mechanics while actually being well-balanced. I dont turn that one off either.

I've begun working on my own mod ideas. Slowly. I'm glad there are well-done tutorials to help with learning everything I need to know.

Also those who love Minecraft, it drops digitally on Switch in early May with the exclusive Nintendo content.

I might buy Minecraft this time around.

I'm tempted to buy Minecraft for the fifth time when it comes to Switch :tearsofjoy:

I started playing Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition last week, Dad bought it for my Birthday on Xbox One, pretty cool story based FPS, just not downloaded the Duke Nukem DLC yet.

I just finished Alien: Isolation a few nights ago. The final third of game was just plain difficult with all the different enemies all grouped together at the same location; this was just medium difficulty & I won't be replaying the game on hard.

@Xenocity add me on Switch if you want; I'll be up for some Splatoon 2 when it launches and both @xudo and I will be glued to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at the end of the month.

My code is SW-7769-1139-3587
Sure.
Sent the request

NPD Group: PS4 Outsells Xbox One During March 2017 While Switch Takes Top Spot
Switch sells 500k+ in NA for March shattering expectations and predictions beating PS4 by a wide margin. Xbox One sold less than PS4.

Switch was expected to bomb hard in NA!

It's believed to have sold over 1 million since launch in NA.

Go Switch!

Now only 15 days to Mario Kart 8D

Last edited:
Smh @ All the 12 year old Nintendo fanboys whose Parents are falling hard for the Switch, same games, different platform, endless Mario cash ins.

Smh @ All the 12 year old Nintendo fanboys whose Parents are falling hard for the Switch, same games, different platform, endless Mario cash ins.

Statments like that dont make sense. It can be said about all three platforms. Same games, same cash-ins, every single time.... for both the Xbox and Playstation brands, not just Nintendo. ALL THREE platforms do this. Endlessly. And as for the "parents" part, I could make exactly the same sort of statement, except replace "parents" with "people obsessed with guns or trying to look mature", since soooooooooo many games on those two consoles fit exactly that.

Hell, the term "cash-ins" doesnt make sense either. A game is either good, or it isnt. It doesnt matter if it's the 500th game in a series... it's just good, or it's just bad. Same with the endless stream of what I refer to as "Call of Halos" games out there. I'm bloody tired of seeing them, but people clearly like them for a reason. They must be good, in their own way. Even if any given one is the 3459673th game of it's series/type out there.

Honestly, I think people like to bash on Nintendo simply because the internet has decided that it's popular to do it. Or because it's "kiddy", which is ironic because that's an extremely immature way of looking at it.

I, personally, will be buying the Switch when Splatoon comes out. Because I bloody well feel like it and I want the damn game, is what I tell friends when they make a point of asking the annoying question.

....Yes, I'm ranting a bit. I've heard a bit too much of this sort of thing lately.

In other news, still considering the sale of the PS4. If Diablo 3 was playable WITH A CONTROLLER on PC, I'd have already sold it. That's the one thing holding me back at this point, is that if I want to use a controller with that game, it must be the PS4 version. Bloody thing is useless to me otherwise. Of course, the only place to sell it to is Gamestop... not like I'd get a very good price out of it anyway. Particularly as I'd want cash, not store credit (almost never shop there).

I wouldnt sell the controller though. That thing isnt even a console controller to me anymore: it's my PC gamepad.

As for what I'm playing, still alot of Isaac. Trying to improve by changing up the way I do things... experimenting more with items and such that I often just didnt use. I'm finding that quite a number of things that everyone says are "bad" actually arent. If you know what to do with them, that is. Finding a particular Youtuber to watch (who happens to be *really* good at the game) who does alot of unusual things like grabbing things such as Curse of the Tower (normally, nobody ever takes that) or using sacrifice rooms over and over is teaching me alot. I guess what Edmund said is true, there really are an endless variety of playstyles in the game. As always even despite 350+ hours in it, Isaac continues to impress me more and more as I keep going with it.

The market data shows the group that is buying Switchs en mass are between 20-40

Also there are no Mario games on Switch until the 28th and only two for the whole year.

In the last 5 years in the industry we've had many annualized titles, No Nintendo developed game has made that list.

1. Call of Duty saw more entries (including mobile) than any other game/brand
  2. Madden is second
  3. FIFIA
  4. PGA GOLF
  5. NCAA SPORTS
  6. Minecraft (each release has different packs)
  7. Sky landers
  8. Assassins Creed
  9. Just Dance
  10. Skyrim (Bethesda released 6 official releases under different subtitles and the remake)
  11. NASCAR
  12. NBA 2K
  13. Lego games
  14. Batman games (why we need multiple releases in a given year is beyond me)
  15. Halo (every two years)
  16. Gears of War (every two years, non Halo years)
  17. MLB (sony's yearly game)
  18. PES (Konami)

Nearly all the annualized games come from Western publishers.
Western publishers are also responsible for the rapid sequel releases too.

Nintendo didn't even care to rehash or keep up with current release trends.

Seriously last year we had:

1. Two distinct console Call of Dutys
  2. FIFA and FIFA legacy (two different games)
  3. Three very different Skyrim remakes (PC, Xbox One, and PS4 are all very different)
  4. Two distinct Just Dance games
  5. Bunch of Lego games

Strangely Assassin's Creed was no where to be found after almost 8 years of them.

No first party developer has bothered to do this.

I get you have an irrational hate for Nintendo and other companies that release colorful stuff.
Try to at least post something rooted in fact and market data.

I recommend people stay on topic- this is for what games you are playing. Not just ranting about what games you don't like, what's selling good and so on. It feels just disruptive and not needed!

I recommend people stay on topic- this is for what games you are playing. Not just ranting about what games you don't like, what's selling good and so on. It feels just disruptive and not needed!

Eh, I wouldnt worry about it, to be honest. Straying randomly off topic is going to happen sometimes and rarely causes problems. I say this as someone that does moderation on certain other forums (one of which has ALOT of straying happen). And it's going to happen on THIS forum because, well... you know how alot of us get when a special interest is involved.

The point of a forum after all is to get people talking to each other. Particularly THIS forum. If conversation is happening and we're actually engaged in it... well honestly for many of us that's quite the feat. And on this forum it also doesnt help that there is no gaming-specific forum section. Frankly I find it hard to discuss gaming here much as a result (is why I'm still using WP at all).

Anyway, if you'd like to just talk about what game you are playing, by all means, dont let us get in the way. We dont usually keep this up for very long anyway.

Eh, I wouldnt worry about it, to be honest. Straying randomly off topic is going to happen sometimes and rarely causes problems. I say this as someone that does moderation on certain other forums (one of which has ALOT of straying happen). And it's going to happen on THIS forum because, well... you know how alot of us get when a special interest is involved.

The point of a forum after all is to get people talking to each other. Particularly THIS forum. If conversation is happening and we're actually engaged in it... well honestly for many of us that's quite the feat. And on this forum it also doesnt help that there is no gaming-specific forum section. Frankly I find it hard to discuss gaming here much as a result (is why I'm still using WP at all).

Anyway, if you'd like to just talk about what game you are playing, by all means, dont let us get in the way. We dont usually keep this up for very long anyway.
Actually this thread by default is the general gaming thread.

What happened:
  1. Other gaming threads were merged in to this thread
  2. Other gaming threads were locked and this thread was giving as a reason for the lock
  3. Users complained of too many gaming related threads being created
The ones that made it through are dead and buried from a lack of activity.

Hell the other topic discussions keep this thread alive.
We literally when almost a week until this week's posts, which had nothing to do with the original topic.

If a general gaming thread was created it would kill this thread or the two threads will be merged under this thread.

Same thing happens regularly on the other boards too.

FYI to all: The purpose of this thread as stated in the OP from February 2011 is to strictly talk about PS3, Xbox 360 and emulators games.

Actually this thread by default is the general gaming thread.

What happened:
  1. Other gaming threads were merged in to this thread
  2. Other gaming threads were locked and this thread was giving as a reason for the lock
  3. Users complained of too many gaming related threads being created
The ones that made it through are dead and buried from a lack of activity.

Hell the other topic discussions keep this thread alive.
We literally when almost a week until this week's posts, which had nothing to do with the original topic.

If a general gaming thread was created it would kill this thread or the two threads will be merged under this thread.

Same thing happens regularly on the other boards too.

FYI to all: The purpose of this thread as stated in the OP from February 2011 is to strictly talk about PS3, Xbox 360 and emulators games.

.....They complained about TOO MANY gaming threads? What? Do people here just hate gaming or something? I dunno about anyone else, but this place has always seemed totally barren of this. TONS of talk about TV and movies and whatnot (ugh), but next to nothing about this.

Bah.

We're 31 and 32 and we have one. We also have no children.

I'm playing Sunset Overdrive at the moment. It was free with gold (Xbox) a while ago but I just downloaded it and didn't bother. I'm enjoying it so far!

New Threads

Top Bottom