• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video Games that you would like/wouldn't mind seeing a TV/Movie adaptation of...

AGXStarseed

While plenty of TV shows and Movies later receive video game adaptations to mixed rates of success, the opposite can also be true with video games getting adapted into movies and/or TV shows - with bad examples including Angry Birds, Doom: Annihilation, Alone in the Dark and Super Mario Bros., while better examples which received good/decent reviews include Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Rampage, Pokemon: Detective Pikachu and Sonic the Hedgehog.
What's more, they'll likely be more video game movie adaptations on the way including a sequel to Sonic and an adaptation of Monster Hunter.

Question is, are there any video games/video game franchises that you'd like to see get an adaptation for the small screen, big screen or both?

I'll throw in a few examples that I think could make some interesting stories:

1. Red Faction
While the series has had a TV movie previously (Red Faction: Origins) that was broadcast on the Syfy channel, that film took place between later entries in the series.
In this case, my idea is for a TV series set around the first game, which is set in the futureyear of 2075 and features a group of people - tricked into a life of slavery mining precious materials on Mars, trapped in barely livable conditions, at the mercy of cruel guards and a mysterious plague and far from the influence of Earth's authority to help them - launching a rebellion against the Ultor Corporation. The trailer for the original game is here:

With a TV series, I think it could go a decent way into not only showing Parker's point of view in the game, but also going into the backstories of both the supporting characters (Eos, Hendrix, Orion, Gryphon, etc.) and the villains (Capek and Colonel Masako) - showing how all their stories tie together so that when the rebellion kicks off after Parker witnesses the death of another miner for the cruel amusment of one of the guards, you really rally behind them as you know what is truly at stake.
If done right, I think it could be an interesting series - with plenty of action, drama, suspense and horror (seriously, some of Capek's experiments are nightmare fuel).

2. Saints Row
Set in the same universe as Red Faction (Ultor been one of the antagonists in the future games), the Saints Row games are an action-adventure series focusing on a street gang called the "3rd Street Saints", led by a character simply known as "The Boss" as they do all they can to gain more control and power by defeating their various foes - be it rival street gangs, corrupt/criminal organizations and even invading aliens. The games also serve as comedies filled with self-referential humor and pop culture references.

From what I've read on the Wikipedia page, there is a film that has been planned so this one may indeed come about in the future, although when/if it gets finished is another matter.

3. Driver
A game series that is itself a homage to the 1960's/70's car chase movies such as Bullitt (1968) and The Driver (1978). The games primarily focus on John Tanner - an undercover cop/FBI agent and former race car driver - as he works to try and bring down various criminal gangs/organizations.
If the film/series keeps the 70's themes without trying to drag it into the modern day, I could see this been entertaining and a nice change from what we normally get, with the option of altering the set storylines from the games and creating new stories that take the story to other places in the USA or outside the USA (heck, the first Driver game included Newcastle-Upon-Tyne as a playable location as that is where the studio that created the series - Reflections - is based).

Here's some of the cutscenes from Driver 2:

Last edited:
Jet Set Willy, because it's so random...
I could imagine Martin Smith in the title role, and Pam Ferris as Maria.

Final Fantasy 8. Squall + Rinoa = <3

The final battle with Ultimecia.

Oh this is gonna be good!

I would like to see an animated show of an old game called Jet Set Radio. The game didn't really have a story but it had a gorgeous art style. So it would be cool to have an animation team capture the look of the show and have some writers be creative with what happens.

I would like to see an animated show of an old game called Jet Set Radio. The game didn't really have a story but it had a gorgeous art style. So it would be cool to have an animation team capture the look of the show and have some writers be creative with what happens.

It had good music too.

Lots of choices here but...anything from the Zelda series? Without searching, I bet someone has done it. Not officially, of course, but more of a "what it would look like" type of thing. With how much CGI has progressed over the years I think it would look pretty fantastic.

A Saints Row movie would be cool, although I would hope they’d stick to the tone of the first two games rather than the third and fourth ones.

I’d also love to see a movie set in the scenery of Dragon Age:Origins. I’d love a prequel to the events we played through in the games.

A Saints Row movie would be cool, although I would hope they’d stick to the tone of the first two games rather than the third and fourth ones.

I’d also love to see a movie set in the scenery of Dragon Age:Origins. I’d love a prequel to the events we played through in the games.

Well, I could imagine the games shifting into the more silly stuff later on - kind of like starting with Iron Man and moving towards Guardians of the Galaxy if the third and fourth games get adapted.

Well, I could imagine the games shifting into the more silly stuff later on - kind of like starting with Iron Man and moving towards Guardians of the Galaxy if the third and fourth games get adapted.
That would make for an interesting movie to be sure.

Soma could be a great movie or even tv show!
I like atmospheric games so the one I am playing at the moment: Kona

I know there are plenty of gangster movies etc but I think mafia 1 and 2 could be good movies.

Most Valve game, i.e. Half Life, Portal, and Team Fortress 2 would make for some good movies tbh. And while I'm thinking about it right now, the game Superhot would make for a great thriller, though that game is a lot smaller so I have no idea of the actual chances of a movie for that one.

New Threads

Top Bottom