1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

V.I.P Upgrades

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Brent, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Brent

Brent Administrator Staff Member Admin

Becoming a V.I.P. member with our new software is pretty painless.

To purchase a V.I.P. upgrade for yourself head over to: http://www.autismforums.com/account/upgrades

What do you get with a V.I.P. account?
    • No advertisements! Browse the site with no ads.
    • Access to private V.I.P. forum. Our V.I.P. forum gives you a private place to play games, ask questions or just enjoy the company of others who have donated to make Autism Forums even better.
    • Edit posts up to one month after creating them.
    • Upload larger file size avatars. Currently, members are allowed 50kb avatars. V.I.P. members are allowed up to 500kb.
    • Create conversations with up to 20 people. Currently, regular member accounts are limited to 5.
    • Blue username and V.I.P. badge next to each of your posts and on your profile!
    • That warm and fuzzy feeling inside knowing you helped keep Autism Forums alive and growing!

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. The current price for V.I.P. membership is $10 US dollars per year or $25 for a lifetime membership.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. wyverary

wyverary Bare-footed hippie V.I.P Member

This new gifting option is great! I have no doubt some will be making use of this (myself included, hehe).

• Like Like x 4
  3. Brent

We now have a 1 month upgrade for just $1.00. You may upgrade or gift to someone a 1 month upgrade for $1.00. You can see all your options here and here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. King_Oni

King_Oni Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Just out of curiosity; what kind of payments does AC accept?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brent

Currently only Paypal. If you do not have Paypal and wish to use something else, let me know what service and I will see if it is possible to implement.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Gomendosi

Gomendosi Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I wondered if the people who achieved lifetime VIP status in the original AC through one means or another, would still have that here?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Brent

I will honor it if it turns out that it was not transferred with the move to the new software.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Geordie

Geordie Geordie

I was a 'lifetime VIP', but I lost my membership privileges after the move of the software, as I was previously a staff member (which did not carry over, too). But well, VIP membership is a privilege, after all, so does being a staff member. For a week (I guess) or so I just stopped logging in to this site altogether because I thought, 'here's the end, what happened to AC, I did everything I could given my limited mental and physical energy and this is what goes' - well, except subscribing to VIP, because I was already one.

But I just thought to myself, if I am doing everything I could, then what is there to fear or be scared of? If I can't be a VIP, then I just subscribe.

So here i am, I guess I will pay for the VIP subscription, because now I feel like it :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Brent

Sorry you had to pay. I did not realize at the time about the lifetime V.I.P.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Peace

Peace Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I tried signing up, but your pay option is pretty [email protected]#sed. It is requiring me to use an old pay pal account which I no longer care to use. It appears I have no other option, so sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brent

I can't help you if you can't give me more information. Pretty [email protected]#sed doesn't do anything for me. You should have an option to use any account you choose. If not, then I need more information on how something is wrong on our end.

• Like Like x 1
  12. freddie

freddie Active Member

I have been reading the posts about friendship. I am 70, and my experience has been that no other person is exactly like me, and the joy of friendship has been exploring those differences. I know for a fact that I don't know everything, and I never will. I change my opinions over the years as I grow and learn. What I believe today may not be what I believe 10 years from now (if I live so long), so I want to be open to different ideas that might set me on a better path. Life is a journey of growth and change for the better if we are open to the ideas and opinions of others. I value most the friends who are honest enough to disagree with me and tell me why.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Rocco

Rocco Wandering Trainwreck V.I.P Member

I can't find the gift option... Or does it come AFTER signing into paypal? Can I ninja gift people without their permission/ knowledge?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Brent

We now provide a one time, life time upgrade option for V.I.P. member status. For $35.00 one time payment you will be a V.I.P. member for the life of your account on AspiesCentral.com.

• Like Like x 1
  15. StephF

StephF Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Did I read that right ? For a single one-off payment of $ 35 I can get a lifetime membership ?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kirsty

Kirsty ND

think you can ninja gift someone. Don't know how, but someone did it to me.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Brent

Correct.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brent

If you want to gift V.I.P. to someone you can simply send me a private message with their username and I will give you the paypal address to send the money to. We hope to have a seamless automatic gifting option soon.

• Like Like x 2
  19. StephF

StephF Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I'm all over that like white on rice which is a silly saying as its not like rice can remove its white coating but it could get mildewed and go green & slimy. Oh dear I'm off on a tangent again, arent I ?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. clg114

clg114 Still crazy, after all these years. Staff Member V.I.P Member

Several weeks ago I tried to get a lifetime VIP membership, paying with the Stripe option. Nothing ever happened. Does this work? Should I try again?

• Like Like x 1