• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Uploading a youtube video with an image only

elgat0verde

Mister Doctor Professor
V.I.P Member
Hey guys!

I hope you are doing well

So another member from the forum recommended I upload my music to youtube but well apparently now you have to make like... a video with the image?

I wanna upload the music with the album art, not show my face

Or something like that?

So if anyone can please point me to the right direction I will be more than grateful to you

I am running ubuntu on a 2008 macbook pro aluminum body.... I don't know how that is relevant and just realized it after typing it...

Well maybe there's some good linux package for this?

Thank you!

Oh and I would like to record more using this computer but... well no mic... no equipment...

Hey I'm just starting after all! Thought I'd use the mic on my gaming headphones since the mic I usually super sensitive and such and maybe that'll work... hmmm... now there's an idea!

Last edited:
Hey, yeah, I actually just used Windows Media Player to pull that off. There's an online place called oneimagevideo.com that is supposed to work, as well.

If you were running Mac os, imovie would do it easily. I think most video editing software will let you add a static image to the video track. So whatever basic video app is available for Ubuntu would probably do the same.

Looks like you figured it out, but in case anyone is curious in the future, OBS will actually degrade the quality via resampling to an incredibly low bitrate (by default) whereas using a video editor will keep the actual audio intact, or closer to its original form. It's also technically bad practice to just record an audio stream of music and play it back (unless you somehow have no other alternative in the universe), because artifacts, levelling issues and other problems can occur (error messages anyone?) and we don't live in the stone age anymore ;)

The good news is that any old video editor will let you drop an image in, stretch it out to fit the song on the timeline, and render it rather quickly

Last edited:
I feel like there is some gatekeeping going on with practically every site we can upload to. If even just a little. Anything from artists on a label, and their songs sound perfectly the same on every site. We others...there's a little lost here and there. Youtube seems to drop bass out a bit. Bandcamp seems to up treble a bit. Soundcloud seems to boost mids and treble a bit. It's weird. I know about the slate vsx and voxengo span and a few others, but there's just always something, I swear. The clout and contacts that I do have...they have confusion and fear a little bias is going on some, too. They aren't the top tier, big shots, of course. I swear that I'm not paranoid, haha.

I feel like there is some gatekeeping going on with practically every site we can upload to. If even just a little. Anything from artists on a label, and their songs sound perfectly the same on every site. We others...there's a little lost here and there. Youtube seems to drop bass out a bit. Bandcamp seems to up treble a bit. Soundcloud seems to boost mids and treble a bit. It's weird. I know about the slate vsx and voxengo span and a few others, but there's just always something, I swear. The clout and contacts that I do have...they have confusion and fear a little bias is going on some, too. They aren't the top tier, big shots, of course. I swear that I'm not paranoid, haha.

That's actually really possible, especially when considering what happens when you go over the site's intended LUFS limit (even just by a little). Youtube will literally smash your audio with limiters and put you way below everyone else due to certain constraints that I've yet to exactly figure out, and others will almost intentionally wreck your sound in other ways.

(Some of which literally just sound like SpecOps' Mp3ify effect, not even exaggerating)

Soundcloud is one of the few sites where I know that a simple hardclipper safeguard will do the trick, but the rest are extremely finicky in my experience, too

New Threads

Top Bottom