• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Updates of members living in hurricane areas

Streetwise

V.I.P Member
updates of members living in hurricane areas , if you want to know if a member is alright you can contact the American Red Cross they have lists go to Americanredcross.org

I live in Florida and the predicted path took a sudden turn for the better today.
The high that was blocking it to the north has left and a trough of low pressure
is coming down from north America which should scoop it up and out to sea before
it hits Florida. Let's hope! It's going to be close.
It's a cat. 5 and the original path had it going right up the middle of the state.
It would have been the worst hit for Florida in history since it would have ripped
up the full length of the state.

Unless there is a drastic change overnight, we've dodged the bullet this time.
Probably more to come though in September and October.

I live in Florida and the predicted path took a sudden turn for the better today.
The high that was blocking it to the north has left and a trough of low pressure
is coming down from north America which should scoop it up and out to sea before
it hits Florida. Let's hope! It's going to be close.
It's a cat. 5 and the original path had it going right up the middle of the state.
It would have been the worst hit for Florida in history since it would have ripped
up the full length of the state.

Unless there is a drastic change overnight, we've dodged the bullet this time.
Probably more to come though in September and October.

Florida got lucky this time. Us, too, along the Gulf of Mexico. My sister-in-law and her husband who live near Tampa were going to come stay with us but now they'll just stay home. We'll all watch the weather over the next couple of months because, as you say, there are probably more to come.

Looking catastrophic for the people in those northern Bahama Islands hit by this storm which is presently a category 5 hurricane. Still frustrating to determine if the storm really does begin to shift to the north which might mitigate it's exposure to Florida's coastline, but possibly hit Georgia and the Carolinas quite hard.

A sad Labor Day weekend for those who must prepare for and endure this monster storm.

Kind of disturbing sitting here watching the Weather Channel....waiting for Mother Nature to make this hurricane suddenly pivot northward rather than continue to lumber towards the Florida coast at about one mile per hour.

Yo Mamma Nature....you can turn now. (Now being a really good time to mitigate so much damage with a category five hurricane.)

I just hope all those experts have this in the bag having predicted that the storm track will move more or less as they predicted. Meanwhile the Bahamas continues to be mercilessly hit by this hurricane moving so slowly yet maintaining 150 mph winds.

Last edited:
At least the storm track finally shifted northward, lowered to a category 2 hurricane at 110 mph. However the authorities are still telling everyone to take this dead seriously.

The scenes of northern islands of the Bahamas are devastating. High winds and storm surge seems to have wiped out so much there. Tragic.

New Threads

Top Bottom