• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Uhm...

interdasting

I'm confused by the way the website is set up--it's confusing. I can't completely navigate my account/profile as of yet, so I thought I'd try writing something... I don't think I have Asperger's Syndrome, but I do possess a moderate amount of the traits, like sensory integration issues, which cause my DPD (Depersonalization Disorder) to worsen under certain kinds of stress; however, I can comprehend facial expressions, and I have a good "theory-of-mind". I believe I have a moderately bad Social Developmental Disorder, because of reasons... that I don't care to go into. *Meh.

Other than that, I have a few neuroses that I have to cope with constantly. I have debilitating Anxiety, Depression that I really try to ignore really hard, and I'm simultaneously a perfectionist or bordering on "OCD", yet very self-destructive without being a self-harmer... I'm a moderate Schizoid--I don't find pleasure in socializing other than in a distance or with my boyfriend, because we're so alike... and I've have had DPD, since I was kindergarten age. Oh... and I've also experienced a mild Psychosis on-and-off since childhood... I wish I had more friends like me that I could relate to, it would help me out [a lot].

And just in case anyone might think I should 'see a therapist', I'm the kind of person that wants help, but I refuse it, because it's too stressful for me :no:

I hope I can delete this post if I change my mind later...

Well welcome to AC anyway I hope you decide to stick around. You might find some nice people to connect with.

Arashi summed it up perfect. I've never seen an argument or any rude words on here ever. Welcome!

New Threads

Top Bottom