• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Two weeks of Win 10 problems

Windows 10 includes a nifty command-line utility known as Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM). It has been around since Windows Vista SP1, and now comes installed by default on Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.

The utility can be used to repair and prepare Windows images, including the Windows Recovery Environment, Windows Setup, and Windows PE. Also, DISM can be used to fix the recovery image within an installation of the operating system and even to service a virtual hard disk.

If your computer begins to feel buggy and you notice problems during boot, you can use the System File Checker (SFC) command-line utility to check the integrity and replace any corrupted or missing protected system files with a known good version.

When SFC is unable to fix the problem, chances are the utility was unable to get the
necessary files from the Windows image, which might have become broken. In this situation, you can use DISM to repair the Windows image (.wim), which then it will allow you to use the System File Checker to fix any issue with your Windows 10 installation.

Use the DISM command with the /CheckHealth switch to verify whether any corruption has been detected. This command can only be used to see if corruption exists, but it doesn't perform any repairs.

To run the command do the following:

1. Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Type the following command and press Enter:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

It seems to have worked. Now it's a wait and see.:eek: Rebooting.

Last edited:
Worked well, the system seems good. Instead of typing exit after the program ran and turned up no corrupted files I typed Thank you.

Windows DOS does not understand Thank You.:) And it spit out a line of code at me.

Last edited:
Windows DOS does not understand Thank You.:) And it spit out a line of code at me.

Not surprising. Beyond Windows 3.1 I never felt confident that Windows even understood DOS. :p

Kind of like how the Bride of Frankenstein never quite hit it off with the monster himself. ;)

Frau Blücher agrees.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom