• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

trouble understanding descriptions the way they're supposed to be understood?

Have you had this issue?

• Yes.

• No.

• Maybe?

• Something similar.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  • Humans are successfully created from Maize.[39]
  • The gods give them morality in order to keep them loyal.[40]
  • Later, they give them wives to make them content.[41]
  • This book also describes the movement of the K'iche' and includes the introduction of Gucumatz.[42]
Nor me. Having never heard of it before didn't help.

Reminded me of the Welsh phrase.

Note that pobol y cym
In Welsh from ancient British,
Is people of the valley .

Pobol to popol....

It could mean people of and not book of...

Vuh or wuj...
Yeah, I get the summary, but culturally, socially, I get no sense of the everyday lives of these people. I get no values, no sense of anything of these people's mores... no trace of humanity in the telling of a story about, ultimately, humanity...

Yeah, I get the summary, but culturally, socially, I get no sense of the everyday lives of these people. I get no values, no sense of anything of these people's mores... no trace of humanity in the telling of a story about, ultimately, humanity...

So,to sum :
You don't get it.
I completely misunderstood.

Stick to Gilgamesh . No maize people in that.

@Progster
"And why do nurses say 'a sharp scratch' when they are inserting a needle -
there's no way that the sensation is 'a sharp scratch', it is a pinprick!"

Really? Some nurses have said to you that an injection experience
will be a "sharp scratch"? o_O

That seems way off the mark.

The only thing nurses have said to me about getting a shot
has been "this will be a hard pinch."

This actually did seem to describe it, for me.
It lessened any thoughts of "and now someone is sliding a
needle into my flesh" and focused my thoughts on the
idea of "pinch"/muscle reaction.

Really? Some nurses have said to you that an injection experience
will be a "sharp scratch"?
I've heard them using this on UK TV medical documentaries, it seems to be a standard phrase they use. Perhaps it's meant to distract you from the real sensation or what's going on, but I don't see why they shouldn't say a pinprick... it's certainly not a scratch. Here, they tell you to take a deep breath. I asked them why and they said it's just a distraction technique, there's no medical reason for it.

Here, they tell you to take a deep breath. I asked them why and they said it's just a distraction technique, there's no medical reason for it.

Strange, I thought it was a relaxation/anxiety-reduction thing, meant to calm people down.

That said, intramuscular injections hurt less when the muscle the needle is going into is relaxed.... depending on how stressed/tensed up you are, you might relax your muscles on the exhale of a deep breath, lessening pain.

New Threads

Top Bottom