• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trains

rachbttffan

Not obsessed with trains, however, for the first time in many years, i took the train this week to a local city. 1st day (tuesday) was great, i was super excited and really enjoyed the journey there and back. Wednesday i happened to see a lady who i hadnt seen for years. She sat next to me on the train and talked all the way there so i didnt really enjoy the journey. Infact it really pissed me off as i was looking forward to sitting on my own taking in the scenery and wnjoying the ride. She said she was catching it the next day (today) so i went out of my way to avoid her. Got on the busy train only to sit next to someone one that kept sniffling and it annoyed me so i moved seat. The woman across from me yawned 41 times, yes 41! In the space of 20 minutes! Which means she yawned twice every minute for 19 minutes then 3 times in 1 minute. Oh and within that time scale a bloke who stunk of alcohol practically sat on my lap as there clearly wasnt enough room. Not a great experience of trains so i think i'll stick to my car in future!

That sucks your experience didn't turn out well.

Trains always been my preferred method of travel. I like how in Europe and Asia people use trains more than North America.

I would like to ride on a bullet train and maglev one day.

I'm in Canada, I love taking trains if at all possible. Don't usually have the problems that you had, as there are usually students and older retired people on the long distance ones and they are costly to use. I'm excited for this summer, where I'll be taking one from paris to madrid, can't wait for that one.

Last edited:
Trains! I looooove trains! I'm glad you got to ride, but wish your experiences were less uncomfortable.

Metrolink in St. Louis is great, you get to cross the Mississippi and look down at the churning water. Ok, not good if you have a fear of heights. Anyhoo, it's my idea of fun.

im obsessed with thomas the tank engine and have everything thomas;from quilt sets to hornby trainsets to tomy trainsets to thomas minis to thomas teddies,thats about my only care about trains, the real things are to noisy and inaccessible for me.

i love train sets in general,watching them go round and around,i sit there for long periods of time doing this,it makes me feel good, this is my drug.i cant set my train sets up in my house as mr shadow [my support cat] wrecks them immediately.

i have a motability car because of my autism challenges and behaviors,i cant access public transport because the times can easily change or a bus/train get cancelled,you cant control it like you can with a car,you cant quickly access public transport when theres a noise or if you have behaviors or anxiety and need to get home,and there are other people on it who talk or use their mobile phones or use their phones to play music out loud like anyone else is supposed to give a damn but it causes issues for you if your autistic,public transports overall cause information overload when you have lots of things to take in at once [at least for me it does],there are lots of different smells which overload,there are often twatty people who shout at you with disablist abuse for your behaviors-or old people who dont have a clue about mental disabilities and think your being badly behaved,they tell your support staff whoever else your with to control you better-or as i remember one time,telling my dad to hit me.
oh yes....i hate public transport,although,i do use disability public transport,called ring and ride in my area as it is quite controllable to an extent and the people on it are never ever nasty,its just it sucks because they lost a load of funding so they rarely have any mini buses available to take you.

now however.....there is a train i might possibly consider at one point, there is a thomas the tank engine steam train that runs from bury at some points in the year,it looks exactly like thomas,id consider getting on that one.

Ive always been ok in the past but i think i have changed due to increased anxiety that was instigated by 4 years of emotional abuse and bullying from my ex/friend. I have an awful habit of staring at peoe aswell, i cant help it and im more observant in some instancies than most. I read up on bpd like you said. I have some traits but never get angry in front of others as i surpress my feelings which i learnt to do from very young. You have one hell of a collection there! That woild be cool to ride on the thomas train and im happy you have something that really interests you!
im obsessed with thomas the tank engine and have everything thomas;from quilt sets to hornby trainsets to tomy trainsets to thomas minis to thomas teddies,thats about my only care about trains, the real things are to noisy and inaccessible for me.

i love train sets in general,watching them go round and around,i sit there for long periods of time doing this,it makes me feel good, this is my drug.i cant set my train sets up in my house as mr shadow [my support cat] wrecks them immediately.

i have a motability car because of my autism challenges and behaviors,i cant access public transport because the times can easily change or a bus/train get cancelled,you cant control it like you can with a car,you cant quickly access public transport when theres a noise or if you have behaviors or anxiety and need to get home,and there are other people on it who talk or use their mobile phones or use their phones to play music out loud like anyone else is supposed to give a damn but it causes issues for you if your autistic,public transports overall cause information overload when you have lots of things to take in at once [at least for me it does],there are lots of different smells which overload,there are often twatty people who shout at you with disablist abuse for your behaviors-or old people who dont have a clue about mental disabilities and think your being badly behaved,they tell your support staff whoever else your with to control you better-or as i remember one time,telling my dad to hit me.
oh yes....i hate public transport,although,i do use disability public transport,called ring and ride in my area as it is quite controllable to an extent and the people on it are never ever nasty,its just it sucks because they lost a load of funding so they rarely have any mini buses available to take you.

now however.....there is a train i might possibly consider at one point, there is a thomas the tank engine steam train that runs from bury at some points in the year,it looks exactly like thomas,id consider getting on that one.

I'm in Canada, I love taking trains if at all possible. Don't usually have the problems that you had, as there are usually students and older retired people on the long distance ones and they are costly to use. I'm excited for this summer, where I'll be taking one from paris to madrid, can't wait for that one.
Ive always wanted to visit Canada. Looks such a beautiful place. Wow Paris to Madrid, you are lucky!

I am obsessed with trains, it is rough sometimes while living on the continent that I do now : p

New Threads

Top Bottom