• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Topics that you bring up a lot

I'm the opposite! I say everything I'm thinking, except with great effort!

Perhaps that's come through even on this forum! :D
My mind's extremely active, but I don't express it to other people. It's so much hard work to express myself in words in real time, talking is exhausting. Writing out thoughts here is much better.

I mainly talk about:
ASD, some personality disorders I've been researching (mainly antisocial), the things I make (DIY stuff), cats!!, videogames.

I can generally talk to anyone around me and listen to them, unless l dislike them. Most of the times, I clearly remember what they say to me. I avoid long conversations, unless someone is saying something important. Lately, I've talking a lot about Aspergers (or level 1 ASD). Two people are concerned I'm obssesed with the topic, lol. Also, I can feel "tired of talking to people" and need my time alone. :)

I'm really happy so many people here like to talk about cats!

Apparently my colleagues have received quite a thorough education on Nordic countries from me. :eek:

What am I going to talk about when I actually am living there???

I only know, and talk to, one person, my wife. We talk about many things, but I have a tendency to rant about national politics.

Cats of course, the cat that chooses to live at my house and the cats of others. Diversity issues and identity. People and their experiences, how we think and feel and act and function, especially in the context of provision of therapy and counselling History and archaeology. Poetry and fiction, I like some genres of sci fi, detective/police stories, classic literature. I don't talk a lot about any of this, as I avoid social situations.

I do talk mainly about my cats. Safe subject and I love them but I’ve been told that I do talk about them a lot. I guess I gave the impression that all I talk about is my cats. I do have other areas like history, archaeology, zoo archaeology, my hobby, books, nerd things also.

I’m an archaeologist, primary interest in zoo archaeology. What period do you enjoy?

And I do like crime stories, fictional and non fictional. Poirot is a special favorite. Also I like criminal minds.

I mainly talk about:
ASD, some personality disorders I've been researching (mainly antisocial), the things I make (DIY stuff), cats!!, videogames.

I can generally talk to anyone around me and listen to them, unless l dislike them. Most of the times, I clearly remember what they say to me. I avoid long conversations, unless someone is saying something important. Lately, I've talking a lot about Aspergers (or level 1 ASD). Two people are concerned I'm obssesed with the topic, lol. Also, I can feel "tired of talking to people" and need my time alone. :)

I'm really happy so many people here like to talk about cats!

Me too! Cats are awesome. I’m glad that so many on here like to talk about them too. Means I’m not a crazy cat lady.

Star Wars,Animals (especially dogs),doll collecting,anything to do with Fantastic beasts and sometimes my drawings though I don’t talk to many people about them.

I especially like ancient archaeology and anthropology worldwide, and especially in the UK that I can more immediately feel linked to, though I feel sure I m linked to the wider world in my DNA so am fascinated by any new findings. I love archaeological documentaries and historical programmes or fictional reconstructions if well researched.

I like visiting ancient places, stone circles and constructions and also Roman and more recent historic buildings. I have done some work helping on archaeological digs.

I think I have read all the Poirot stories, and possibly everything by Agatha Christie. I get absorbed by a writer or one of their characters, then I move on when I have to because I have read everything by them! I thought David Suchet was a very good Poirot.

Currently I m reading Jordanna Max Brodsky it's a series about remnants of the Greek gods who are helping to police Manhattan...

I especially like ancient archaeology and anthropology worldwide, and especially in the UK that I can more immediately feel linked to, though I feel sure I m linked to the wider world in my DNA so am fascinated by any new findings. I love archaeological documentaries and historical programmes or fictional reconstructions if well researched.

I like visiting ancient places, stone circles and constructions and also Roman and more recent historic buildings. I have done some work helping on archaeological digs.

I think I have read all the Poirot stories, and possibly everything by Agatha Christie. I get absorbed by a writer or one of their characters, then I move on when I have to because I have read everything by them! I thought David Suchet was a very good Poirot.

Currently I m reading Jordanna Max Brodsky it's a series about remnants of the Greek gods who are helping to police Manhattan...

That’s great. I have experience with Roman and medieval archaeology. Although recently that’s developed to Paleolithic archaeology.

Yes, me too. I love visiting historical sites. I feel strongly connected to them. Or emotionally connected to them. Pompeii was a great experience.

I’ve read them all except Black Coffee. David Suchet is Poirot. Anyone else pales in comparison to his portrayal.

So did I, and I occasionally pick them up again for bedtime reading. Suchet was perfect as Poirot, you could almost see the grey cells working as he sat with his perfect moustaches.

Very much liked Joan Hickson as Miss Marple. Also liked Margaret Rutherford, but not as much.

I'm not a huge talker, but when I do start talking about something I am passionate about, love, or enjoy, I can't stop talking! The topics that i love talking about (if I am asked directly, usually) are animals or pets, especially my own pets and funny stories about them, SketchUp (a 3D design program we use in Graphics at school, which I LOVE and am obsessed with) and books I've been reading (I have trouble explaining and summing the book up in a short sentence though, and have to go on and on and on about the book and people usually get quite bored, I think). The rest of the time, I am pretty quiet and don't really say much.

When I was younger I would talk a lot about cartoons, especially Disney, and whatever video games I was crazy about. Now it's mostly about whatever craziness I've seen on YouTube and the internet in general.

Last edited:
My cars and other cars I like.

Music. When I hear snippets in songs that sound like other songs. When I hear a cool part in a song played on a bass, organ, or synth, and sometimes trying to ID the synth.

New Threads

Top Bottom