• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Topics that you bring up a lot

Moomin

“My servants never die!”
apparently I talk a lot about my cats (I have four). I love my cats, they’re a safe topic to talk about. I have other topics to talk about of course but I do bring up my cats a lot. Do you have a particular topic that you constantly talk about?

No one has ever mentioned to me that I talk a lot about it but I do talk a lot about mental health and the things around that. Why? Well it's a big part of my life and I'm very passionate about it. Nothing wrong with that. I spend a lot of my time on Quora answering questions about it because I like to educate others about it.

I speak the less possible , I let people speak and respond to what they say or the problems they have etc, I do that since I am a teenager.
But sometimes I do talk, in kid /teenage years it was video games , in early adulthood it was politics(and video games) because I love that topic still today, but my point of view is radical on most topic so after a few loud discussions about I decided to keep it for myself, in addition i'v realised that there is something pointless about politics that doesnt make it worth to talk about anyway.
And recently when ever someone talks about movies I can't stop myself from finding a weird way to talk about how I hated the last jedi xD.
I still love video games but I try to manage my use of it and this is less socially acceptable to talk about it in my age so I don't unless someone brings it up.

Any particular area in psychology?

Mostly human behavior, something I've noticed many people here are also very interested in.

Next most common topic would be mental illness, especially in the context of a comparison between the mentally ill and not mentally ill and what that means and how that determination is made.

I speak the less possible , I let people speak and respond to what they say or the problems they have etc, I do that since I am a teenager.
But sometimes I do talk, in kid /teenage years it was video games , in early adulthood it was politics(and video games) because I love that topic still today, but my point of view is radical on most topic so after a few loud discussions about I decided to keep it for myself, in addition i'v realised that there is something pointless about politics that doesnt make it worth to talk about anyway.
And recently when ever someone talks about movies I can't stop myself from finding a weird way to talk about how I hated the last jedi xD.
I still love video games but I try to manage my use of it and this is less socially acceptable to talk about it in my age so I don't unless someone brings it up.
Last Jedi....yeah, can understand that.

Art, aspie and aspie relationships, cycling, every kind of human behaviour, cats (3), animal behaviour, books (has anyone read Michelle Obama's book?), making things & food.

Last edited:
Birds. A lot of my family members like birds too. They used to called a Cardinal "Red Bird", and before I knew what it was, I called it "Red Robin", like that restaurant.

I like to talk about video games and what I have been playing lately. Gears of War 4 sure is a nice game.

I like to talk about my cat too, a lot. Apart from that, I talk a lot about social justice stuff, especially accessibility, dis/ability, mental health, trans/queer rights. Communication and relationships is probably the thing that I think and talk the most about.

Disability rights in the UK, or rather, lack thereof (IMO), also Brexit back when I was a regular in the Politics section. I also post about video games, particularly Xbox (cos I hate Sony and Nintendo is for kids) and movies.

Animals, I guess. Inequality, other things like that. Mostly things I see in my environment that catch my attention. Sometimes I talk about work when one of the kids has done/said something funny or I just need to vent about it (which my husband patiently listens too but I'm sure is very uninteresting). I like to talk about books but don't really have the opportunity to.
Same. I don't like to feel like I've talked too much.
has anyone read Michelle Obama's book?
Not yet, but it's on my list!

Cats of course, the cat that chooses to live at my house and the cats of others. Diversity issues and identity. People and their experiences, how we think and feel and act and function, especially in the context of provision of therapy and counselling History and archaeology. Poetry and fiction, I like some genres of sci fi, detective/police stories, classic literature. I don't talk a lot about any of this, as I avoid social situations.

Me too, I'm not a talker. I don't speak unless I have something to say, I mean I don't talk just for the sake of it or to fill in all the silence like some people do.
When I talk, it's about music or about something that is going on in my life, or about something I have a strong opinion on like smoking in public places, and I get shut down a lot because I tend to repeat myself, over-elaborate or over-explain, I go on a lot and don't know how to stop or can't stop.

Me too, I'm not a talker. I don't speak unless I have something to say, I mean I don't talk just for the sake of it or to fill in all the silence like some people do.
When I talk, it's about music or about something that is going on in my life, or about something I have a strong opinion on like smoking in public places, and I get shut down a lot because I tend to repeat myself, over-elaborate or over-explain, I go on a lot and don't know how to stop or can't stop.

I'm the opposite! I say everything I'm thinking, except with great effort!

Perhaps that's come through even on this forum! :D

New Threads

Top Bottom