• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Too late go back to school ?

I don't think it's too late. You may not be the oldest, my dad took a class a continuing education class at a community college when he was 62. Also, I had an elderly women in one of my college classes who was taking the class just for personal enrichment.

Great thread! I still love to learn and just turned 60! I don't bother so much about qualifications now as I have enough and so I just go for courses or training that seems developmental. Currently I m doing a great one that's about attachment and addictions. One day a month for 6 months. Learning a lot. I also find this a good way of being in a social environment that is somewhat structured so I can interact more easily plus get away when I want to.

Is thirty too late to go back to college or community college ? It seems like it would feel awkward to be the oldest in class with a bunch of college freshmen. I would feel like that twenty something year old still stuck in the eleventh grade. I had one of those people in my class before. It would feel like I was dead last and light years behind everyone else who hadn't nearly wasted ten years goofing off with no direction in their lives. I could be the smartest one in class and It would feel like that meant crap because I procrastinated for so long.

People told me that it's never too late to go back to school but they don't know what it would feel like to be the loser who waited too long.

Do you know what you want to major in?

You actually can teach an old dog new tricks.

It's never too late. If your brain still retains information, you have the ability to learn.

Take no prisoners and live your dream. Believe in yourself and go for it.
You CAN do this.

New Threads

Top Bottom