• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

To what fictional character (s) can you relate?

Plenty, for different reasons. Some might be even

Spider Jerusalem, Rorsach and The comedian; for the cynicism
The joker; for some bouts of sheer madness I have going on at times... and I'm clearly not talking about the "fun" type exclusively. Heck; even my ex-girlfriend drew that comparison when we had an argument (but then again; she often came across equally unhinged as my own Harley Quinn, lol)
The Juggernaut/Cain Marko; I suppose my achilles heel would be my brain/head/mind in a sense, but physically... I once got in a fight and a friend actually feared I was going to punch a hole in someone... so there's that. Not to mention the physical fights I've gotten into and managed to remain pretty much unscathed every single time. Also; me catching momentum in a physical sense... good luck stopping that, hah

I would say Spock or Data in being rational at times, much like other aspies. Though I think Dr. Manhattan suits it better. That's perhaps a bit of dehumanization seeping in when my rational mind takes over.

And I can't help but draw some comparsisons to Magneto and for example the NT vs. AS arguments going round in the community. Perhaps I can relate to that, especially since I will also adress the elephant in the room. But at least I"m adressing it without casualties.

Yeah, think those are it for now.

I'm very much like Bishop, the android from the film Aliens. He was designed to imitate human behaviour and empathise with his human counterparts. Part of him seemed to wish he was human, and he wanted to please and be accepted by them. Beneath his humanoid mask, however, he was a machine...with keen senses, intense curiosity, a vast capacity for acquiring and applying skills and knowledge, and extraordinarily brave by human standards. He had a childlike quality about him as well, to which I can readily relate. The actor who played him said he based Bishop's personality on himself, at twelve years old.

Ripley_sees_Bishop's_blood.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very much like Bishop, the android from the film Aliens. He was designed to imitate human behaviour and empathise with his human counterparts. Part of him seemed to wish he was human, and he wanted to please and be accepted by them. Beneath his humanoid mask, however, he was a machine...with keen senses, intense curiosity, a vast capacity for acquiring and applying skills and knowledge, and extraordinarily brave by human standards. He had a childlike quality about him as well, to which I can readily relate. The actor who played him said he based Bishop's personality on himself, at twelve years old.

View attachment 14180

Yes I can totally relate to him too. one of my favorite movies by the way. I love science fiction. I love the Alien movies.

I liek the way you describe the character.

Jane Eyre. Such a professor-talker, sooo handling her feelings with her reason for as long as she can, such a one for loving someone's mind instead of their looks…

I claim Dr Stephen Vincent Strange. Sorcerer and neurosurgeon.

Just damn cool

Had to edit, it seems that Cumberbatch is set to play Strange in a 2016 movie. :D

Benedict-Cumberbatch-Doctor-Strange.jpg

Last edited:
At times, I have felt like Dr. Manhattan from The Watchmen. At other times, I have felt like Werther from Sorrows of Young Werther. As a kid, I very much identified with Matilda Wormood from Matilda.

Who I identify with now, I'd have to think about it. I don't think I feel any identification at the moment.

I would have to say L from the anime Death Note. Really intelligent and very strong sense of justice, yet quirky, and seen as being odd, and different.

Sheldon Cooper, he does many things like I do and when my mother sees it says things like: I know of someone who does that sort of stuff in real life and it's not that funny.

In all seriousness, I'm really nothing like Alex. I guess if I had to choose, I'd say I strongly identify with Peter Bishop from the TV show Fringe. His character was effectively stolen from his own universe by his father from an alternate one, in order to replace his deceased version of his son. Peter struggles with these hardships, and sometimes tries to run from the realities of his life, but at the end of the day, comes back to the people he cares about to use his outsider qualities and sort of mental illness to do good things and save lives. Also, my ex used to tell me I dressed and looked like him, haha.

I was very fond of Anne of Green Gables when I read her book and could identify with just about everything about her, minus being an orphan.

Ahhh everybody is mentioning characters that I've never even heard of! Haha I'm so disconnected from the TV.

Confession: I haven't watched cable or netflix or anything besides rented/bought movies for a 1.5 yrs!

Wow and I used to be addicted to documentaries and to the discovery health channel. Am I missing out on all thise cool tv shows I alwayrs hear about?

Ahhh everybody is mentioning characters that I've never even heard of! Haha I'm so disconnected from the TV.

Confession: I haven't watched cable or netflix or anything besides rented/bought movies for a 1.5 yrs!

Wow and I used to be addicted to documentaries and to the discovery health channel. Am I missing out on all thise cool tv shows I alwayrs hear about?
Honestly I find most modern TV shows sucks but I always enjoy documentaries

New Threads

Top Bottom