• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

To date a NT, or not to date a NT...

Working with insurance and actually working with people are two different things.

Not necessarily. Medical or fitness knowledge doesn't automatically translate into compassion and understanding. Equally Insurance is a service requiring intense marketing, thus socialization abilities apart from a limited degree of medical knowledge.

I'm just saying you have to take people individually when it comes to them understanding and accepting one's autism- regardless of their professional status.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Medical or fitness knowledge doesn't automatically translate into compassion and understanding. Equally Insurance is a service requiring intense marketing, thus socialization abilities apart from a limited degree of medical knowledge.

I'm just saying you have to take people individually when it comes to them understanding and accepting one's autism- regardless of their professional status.

Judge is right. My friend Julie is a LPN and works with children. She is very patient with people - especially kids, but didn't have much interest in hearing about Asperger's. I'm guessing it's because she doesn't know any Aspie's as patients or friends.

Do. :)

As long as it's an NT that wants to understand you more and learn about Aspergers. (Also, you (Aspie) need to do your part in learning more about NT's and their needs.)

I am an NT dating a guy with HFA, I absolutely adore him and made sure I am as informed as I can be to make it work. Of course he needs to learn about my needs as an NT too and we have spoken about this. I would not change a single thing about my man, I fell in love with just the way he is and hopefully he can cope with my NT ways too xx

New Threads

Top Bottom