• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Post a Photo of Yourself Thread

Insect sampling yesterday. A nice spring day.View attachment 79090

Outdoors type. I bet you enjoy fishing. My uncles are like that.

View attachment 79277
vein are a simultaneois manic episode, PTSD flashback, and autistic tantrum in music form that's why they get such heavy rotation

Talking of nature. There's this thing called 'aposematic coloration.' It's where animals take on protective camouflage of the more deadly and poisonous animals, but having no poison themselves, it's just a bluff to deter would be predators.

Outdoors type. I bet you enjoy fishing. My uncles are like that.

Talking of nature. There's this thing called 'aposematic coloration.' It's where animals take on protective camouflage of the more deadly and poisonous animals, but having no poison themselves, it's just a bluff to deter would be predators.
Yep. The Viceroy butterfly takes on the coloration of Monarchs, which are toxic. Some animals make use of warning coloration. Nudibranchs advertise that they eat stinging animals and frequently incorporated the stinging cells into their skin.Beautiful animals. I enjoy photographing them.
FB_IMG_1619798474344.jpg

Okay since I haven't posted an actual photo I will go ahead.

You wanna see?
Okay...
Here's me
It's an old one though...
I was five or six years old....in a pub.
pub6yrold.jpg

As you can well imagine, I've changed a bit since then. I have no idea where this was, or who these people are...Or why I'm holding that stuffed thing...I don't remember any of this. :sweatsmile: Or why I'm sticking my tongue out..or who's taking the photo...Or what age I am...It's all a total blank.

Last edited:
Been posting here a few weeks, figured I'd post a picture, not something I've done on forums before, never really felt comfortable doing it, but whatever.

IMG_20220520_084047_108.jpg

A caliper in your pocket? A machinest fer sure.
Actually there are two Starrett scales in my pocket, one a thin flexible one and the other is called a hook scale.

The shop I am standing in is a representation of a century old lineshaft machineshop at The National Pike Steam Gas and Horse Association showgrounds where I get to demonstrate our equipment performing actual work and explain all of the workings of lineshafting.
Last weekend was the second time I got to do my part in the shop as a machinist where I was handed the keys to it last summer to take her live.
This show involved me spending a lot of time out there over the past month doing repairs on the machinery, adjusting the belts and shafting and relocating several large pieces of equipment.
I spent the last two weekends camped out in my building, first for two days, then for three just to finalize my work there.
By now I have a fridge, a microwave, a charcoal grill and a 5 gallon water cooler hidden in the building along with a cot to sleep on, so it isn't exactly roughing it.

We are in essence a huge live museum stretched out over more than 150 acres.
The Association is all about machinery preservation where we put all of the older equipment there thru their paces to show what it was all about years ago.

Looking awfully thin there. You been on a diet? Jeff T. On a. Die T. Death T. Dead T. Looking a bit skeletal.

Oh well I should stop goofing off.
Here's the original 'fleshed out' photo---
This is about 15 years ago, the last day of
205771_1014731446097_9692_n.jpg
a 4-day, 50 mile backpack around Mono Lake, CA

You look so kind and friendly! :) And the lake is beautiful.

Thank you!
It's definitely a lake of a different color. Been going there for over 40 years, always new stuff to investigate. I think it's the oldest lake in North America- it's stark and primitive, makes me feel as if I'm a neolithic hunter/gatherer when I'm there!

New Threads

Top Bottom