• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Post a Photo of Yourself Thread

This is I. Taking a break on a rather difficult mountain bike ride.

EDF9ABE6-8EC9-4E45-8C65-6DBB59C2EEB0.jpeg

20210619_152556.jpg

Today I was reunited with the '69 Chevy SS 396 ElCamino I drove 43 years ago.

My father ordered it at Yenko Chevrolet, home of the world famous Yenko Super Cars in the spring of 1969 and used it for his shop truck.
I went with him to accept delivery at the now defunct dealership in Canonsburg.

One of my brothers restored it about 30 years ago and brought it Dad's surprise 80th birthday party we held at his airplane hanger.

Like the Bruce Springsteen song "Racing in the Streets", I actually got to go racing in the streets with it about the time the song made radio play.

View attachment 68441
Today I was reunited with the '69 Chevy SS 396 ElCamino I drove 43 years ago.

My father ordered it at Yenko Chevrolet, home of the world famous Yenko Super Cars in the spring of 1969 and used it for his shop truck.
I went with him to accept delivery at the now defunct dealership in Canonsburg.

One of my brothers restored it about 30 years ago and brought it Dad's surprise 80th birthday party we held at his airplane hanger.

Like the Bruce Springsteen song "Racing in the Streets", I actually got to go racing in the streets with it about the time the song made radio play.

Oh My that is an awesome car!!! What a sweet thing to do for your father, that is the best gift ever you and your brother did.

I love the color, reminds me of the Dukes car a bit. Bet you have great memories of racing, sounds like lots of fun! :)

Oh My that is an awesome car!!! What a sweet thing to do for your father, that is the best gift ever you and your brother did.

I love the color, reminds me of the Dukes car a bit. Bet you have great memories of racing, sounds like lots of fun! :)
It's the original color, a factory option from 1969-72 called hugger orange.
Although he really wanted a 350 4 speed truck, Dad had to order the truck with the Mark IV 396 big block in order to get the hood he wanted.
After about 4 years,the Muncie 4 speed shifter clapped out, then we put a Hurst floor shifter in her.
My brother actually adapted the shift lever from the Muncie unit to the Hurst one to preserve the originality of the look with the reliability of the Competition Plus Hurst.
It is considered by many to not be a SuperSport because of the black bench seat, but all of the documentation including the invoice are still with this numbers matching machine that say otherwise.

We won't get into detail about my illegal activities or the legal costs involved, but let's just say that I drove a few 11 second rides on the street that actually had no business being there and paid the price for doing it :D

Last edited:
Our family machining business was directly involved with Don Yenko's Corvair Stinger project.
Yenko produced road racing versions of the Corvair that were sold at Yenko Chevrolet.
I was a friend of Dwane Hixon who worked on the Super Car build team before he passed away.
The Super Car builds were a byproduct of General Motors edict that no engine larger than 400 cubic inches could be sold in any car other than the full sized cars or the Corvettes.
The game was to buy a 396 car and swap out the engine for a massaged 427 Mark IV engine.
Warren, another friend and the build team leader kept all of the build sheets from the Super Car builds because they were no longer applicable to the original factory builds.
They are no doubt worth a large stack of cash by now because they tie each Super Car to their original configuration.

Later, Don figured out how to use the corporate office production order forms (COPO) to have the cars come delivered with high performance 427s from the factory.
The COPO forms were how a taxi or a police cruiser could be special ordered and Don used the loophole to his advantage.

New Threads

Top Bottom