• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Music Thread

Geordie

Geordie
What type of music do you like? Rock? Hip hop? Or Jazz?

What are your favorite bands and/or songs?

Please feel free to share your favorite music here :)

I prefer all types of music apart from classic, for some reason, classic just bores the daylights out of me and Indie sometimes doesn't have much moods into it, its mainly depressing the ones that are on the TV. (I might be wrong on this).

I love techno music. Here are some of my favorite songs:

"Ligger Med Varandra" - DJ Auzern
"Sommardrom" - DJ Auzern
"Camilla" - Basshunter
"Eurodancer" - DJ Mangoo
"La Di Da" - Baracuda
"Round N Round" - Bubbles
"Dance is My Love" - Red DJ
"Take My Hand" - Bass-T & Sven-R-G
"In My Dreams" - Rebecca
"Rien Ne Va Plus" - Cassandra
"Move Your Body" - Eiffel 65
"Boys" - Smile.dk
"It's in Your Melody" - Smile.dk
"Hummingbird" - Smile.dk
"Doki Doki" - Smile.dk
"Geisha's Dream" - Smile.dk

I guess you could say that Smile.dk is my favorite band.

I am mostly into the Urban Music Genre (Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, Soul, and Urban Gospel). I do like Alternative Rock, Dance, Techno, Electronic, JMusic, KMusic, and Jazz. :D

"Move Your Body" - Eiffel 65

Woah! I remember that song. I also like their song "Blue".

As for myself, I listen to almost anything as long as the beat is good. When I was younger I was mainly into dance/trance/electronic, then I moved into a phase of almost exclusively rap and hip-hop but now I would listen to a wide range of stuff.

The main genres that I would listen to today would be: Rap, R&B, Indie, Alternative, Alternative Rock, Rock, Metal, Hip Hop and some Pop.

I tend to listen to a lot of depressing music from artists such as Mobb Deep and Immortal Technique. Although lately, I have been listening more to happy music.

ELO, The Beatles, Queen, David Bowie, lots of other 60's-70's stuff, classical music and classic rock.
Also stuff that sounds weird or a bit unconventional, normally stuff where I can visualize what is going on in the music.

I love music. I probably couldn't live without it. I use it to calm myself down, to excite myself and inspire myself. Some of the greatest moments in my life (and darkest moments) have a piece of music associated with them in my head. When I hear that piece of music I can go back and re-live those moments.

If I hear a piece of music that really inspires me, I will listen to it over and over until I am sick of it. Months later I will listen to the song and be able to re-live memories of when I was obsessed with it. I am currently obsessed with Hoppipolla by the Icelandic band Sigur Ros. It's a piece of music that has been overused by the BBC so I'm sure you've heard it.

I love music. I probably couldn't live without it. I use it to calm myself down, to excite myself and inspire myself. Some of the greatest moments in my life (and darkest moments) have a piece of music associated with them in my head. When I hear that piece of music I can go back and re-live those moments.

I am the exact same. A lot of music that I have takes me back to a particular memory, place or reminds me of a person. I also use music to re-live those moments.

Though I like independent krunk and hyphy music, I also listen to some oldies too.

Silence is silver cos music is gold!

I like all kinds of music except Pop music that are out these days.

Some of my favorites:

Death Cab for Cutie
Evanescence
Nine Inch Nails
Suzanne Vega
The Beatles
Alanis Morissette
The Carpenters
Cat Stevens
Sixpence None the Richer
The Cranberries
Goo Goo Dolls
Rise Against

...Not planning to put Justin Bieber :)

I like all kinds of music except Pop music that are out these days.

Some of my favorites:

Death Cab for Cutie
Evanescence
Nine Inch Nails
Suzanne Vega
The Beatles
Alanis Morissette
The Carpenters
Cat Stevens
Sixpence None the Richer
The Cranberries
Goo Goo Dolls
Rise Against

...Not planning to put Justin Bieber :)

I thought The Beatles would come up in that list somewhere. They seem to be on most peoples lists.

I like the Cranberries too. But on my list, I figured out that the Police will be ranked very highly, even above those of the Beatles, Michael Jackson and the Cranberries.

A lot of digs, a lot of soul inside and just some funky fun in the Police's music.

Ok, I'm an old bat! :D I like 60's music, classic rock, new wave, heavy metal, new age, and very few genre's of today. I hate the pop & the hip hop. No offense to those who like it, but that kind of music hurts my ears & my brain! I do like Cranberries & Elastica, though.

Then what do you think of this video, a corssover of rap onto rock?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think differently. Because of this song, I like rap better than rock. I may be eccentric though.

I have never really liked rap, unless its really clever. Most rap just seems to sound like some guy giving you non-stop abuse in a poetic way.

I like mainly classical and jazz music. But I do like other kinds of music. It just depends on my mood that what music I listen. I like Mozart, Beethoven, Ben E. King, Michael Jackson, Elvis and Jonathan Coulton. And I hate rap and those todays Eurovision pop-crap. Most of the music and sonsg now days are just crap.

And because I like antiques and old stuff, I listen to music by using a phonograph (not the one with the huge horn. But I want one...) I got a few days ago. So like to play those gramophone records. I don`t know about you folks, but I think that the music/song sounds more lively and better trough phonograph than from computers or MP3-players.

The reason they say records sound better is because the music was better!

In our living room we have a 1964 Wurlitzer Lyric E Jukebox. It holds 50 records (100 songs) and sounds superb!
Heres a picture of it.
8224_128255631988_716921988_2576465_1687958_n.jpg

I used it in my short film Lost In Thought which can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL5M_9KcZ_I

The reason they say records sound better is because the music was better!

In our living room we have a 1964 Wurlitzer Lyric E Jukebox. It holds 50 records (100 songs) and sounds superb!
Heres a picture of it.
8224_128255631988_716921988_2576465_1687958_n.jpg

I used it in my short film Lost In Thought which can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL5M_9KcZ_I

No wonder you may not like rap. I don't know whether you have listened to 'Faith' by George Michael, it also has a large jukebox featured.

New Threads

Top Bottom