• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Love & Dating thread.

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
The Love & Dating Thread.

Have you got a girlfriend, you're a happy married couple or need any love advices?

Well, the purpose of this thread is to tell your experience about love life and share experiences with each other and hopefully learn from each other and hopefully gain some confidence too.

Happy posting. :D

Good thread idea. I probably won't be contributing to this thread often though. :(

I wonder if @Google will be contributing to this thread? Do you think @Google believes in love? :lol:

I have this guy that won't take no for an answer. Should I just settle? >_<; Wait, I have two guys that won't take no for an answer. This is what I get for being too nice. :cry:

Anyways, I wonder what I should do, should I go out with out of them. Knowing the fact his self-esteem isn't that great and he is way older than me. To remind y'all, I am 22 and he is like in his mid-thirties. His view points aren't really up to par on mine and... I rather find a comic book nerd that lives in their mom's basement. :S

Why are all the good men taken or don't have an interest in me. :(

Edit: Is there a chance that if I meet one of the members here, would it work out? Hm... from what I can tell I think by date number three, we would dump each other. :S

Good thread idea. I probably won't be contributing to this thread often though. :(

I wonder if @Google will be contributing to this thread? Do you think @Google believes in love? :lol:

It seems that @Google does believe in love but there wasn't so much reactions from it. :lol2:

I have this guy that won't take no for an answer. Should I just settle? >_<; Wait, I have two guys that won't take no for an answer. This is what I get for being too nice. :cry:

Anyways, I wonder what I should do, should I go out with out of them. Knowing the fact his self-esteem isn't that great and he is way older than me. To remind y'all, I am 22 and he is like in his mid-thirties. His view points aren't really up to par on mine and... I rather find a comic book nerd that lives in their mom's basement. :S

Edit: Is there a chance that if I meet one of the members here, would it work out? Hm... from what I can tell I think by date number three, we would dump each other. :S

Before I went into a relationship, i felt so gutted that all the good people I really liked happened to be taken and all the other ones I just never seemed to either gotten in common with or just preferred them as friends, so what i did was just try to live my life as a single guy.

Mine however just happens so unexpected, two did anyways, my previous one and now my current one.

But also, being in a relationship is not as easy as you think it is, in my experience anyways.

If you don't have any interest in these two guys, then i wouldn't go for it and go with what you feel is right for you.

@GhettoButterFly If you aren't interested in them or don't have anything in common then don't go for it. Don't be pressured into something that you don't want.

@superboyian Good idea for a thread but as @. . . has said, I won't be contributing to it much as I fail with relationships. I think that once the forums grow a bit more, we could have a dedicated forum for love and relationships.

From a guys perspective, nothing angers me more than being led on by someone bored and holding onto me until the next best thing comes along. just be honest. i just met a girl last week and i thought everything was cool, we made out and stuff and i thought she was really into me, we texted all the time and now she just brushes me off without any phone call or text no explanation. i don't wanna chase her up or pressure her so i have watched what i said and tried not to be too intense. maybe it is because of the aspergers but i cant maintain any relationships for that long.

From a guys perspective, nothing angers me more than being led on by someone bored and holding onto me until the next best thing comes along. just be honest. i just met a girl last week and i thought everything was cool, we made out and stuff and i thought she was really into me, we texted all the time and now she just brushes me off without any phone call or text no explanation. i don't wanna chase her up or pressure her so i have watched what i said and tried not to be too intense. maybe it is because of the aspergers but i cant maintain any relationships for that long.

I had the exact same thing happen to me, only it was worse. We had sex about a dozen times. We were both madly in love with each other and planning on living with each other. Then, she stopped all that and said that she just wanted us to be friends, but she did not want me over anymore. Then she said that she did not want to be my friend anymore or have any more communication with me. I asked her point blank and in tears "Why are you doing this?" and her reply was "I just want to, that's all."

I can't describe how much this hurts. This was over a year ago, but it was the only romantic relationship I ever had in my life, and I tried and tried all my life to have one. I still have crying spells over it, but I have gotten better now that I know about Asperger's and this forum.

You will know when, don't sell out. It is not worth it.

Hm..the short time I've been alive I can only say a few things on love,if you love someone..tell them! From experience it's usually better to get burned asking for a deeper relationship then saying nothing and watching her(in my case) get married to another.

I don't understand 'dating' at all. I'm bad at it. I have no idea what to say or do. I'm just myself and that sends guys running into the arms of other women. My relationships don't last long. I haven't ever felt 'chemistry' with a guy. Maybe I'm a lesbian. I've kissed a girl but never felt a connection either.
My Dr asked me the other day if I had a boyfriend, I felt like a complete loser because I haven't got one! It fustrates me sometimes. I get asked this stupid question frequently, especially from taxi drivers. It really offends me...may as well get 'loser' printed across my forehead. I would never ask a guy such an offensive question.

I don't understand 'dating' at all. I'm bad at it. I have no idea what to say or do. I'm just myself and that sends guys running into the arms of other women. My relationships don't last long. I haven't ever felt 'chemistry' with a guy. Maybe I'm a lesbian. I've kissed a girl but never felt a connection either.
My Dr asked me the other day if I had a boyfriend, I felt like a complete loser because I haven't got one! It fustrates me sometimes. I get asked this stupid question frequently, especially from taxi drivers. It really offends me...may as well get 'loser' printed across my forehead. I would never ask a guy such an offensive question.

Stacey, you might find this thread interesting on a number of levels:

https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/anyone-asexual.1269/

Hi Stacey,

I've had a similar history … several guys I've dated have dumped me to go back to their exes. Regarding that question, I think it's intended as an attempt at casual conversation … though to me it comes across as a stranger asking nosy questions & getting in my business. They probably (hopefully) don't realize how much it stings. The standard ice-breaker used to be "What do you do (for a living)?" but that fell out of use in 2008 when the economy crashed & so many people lost their jobs … so I guess that's the new ice-breaker. Or it may be that they're interested in you. Either way, I like to think it's not intended to embarrass us (if it's a stranger), just an awkward attempt to connect. If I know I'll be around strangers, I try to have a comment in mind to change the subject if I need to. Just my $.02

Thanks for the link Judge. It gave me plenty of thought for consideration. I don't think I'm asexual as such, because I do have the 'urge' from time to time. It's just not very strong or frequent. So I suppose my libido is low. Although I'd prefer a rampant wild one! I've read in womens magazines how much fun good sex is. My experience has left me thinking...is that it? The only emotion I feel is disappointment and hunger. I've had to dial for pizza afterward and share it! I hate sharing stuffed crust.

Wouldn't it also depend on what you, and your partner would want to get out of a relationship?

If you're you, and they leave, clearly you're not in it for the same reasons, and you could even wonder how much they are interested in you. It seems quite intolerant not wanting to put up with any personal quirks (for sake of a better word).

I do have a few little relationship quirks.
Like for instance after sex, he can't sleep in my bed. I can't get a good nights sleep if a boyfriend is tossing and turning. It makes the bed squeak and drives me to distraction. Plus snoring keeps me awake too. I'm always considerate though and make sure both a pillow and blanket are provided.

I also have to clean the toilet after a boyfriend tinkles in it. A willy isn't always an accurate aim. I have asked a boyfriend to sit rather than stand. He seemed ok about it at the time, but mentioned he was a man. Which I obviously realised, but why stand when he can sit?
My reading has caused some tension too. I've been told frequently "put the book down Stacey" you're being boring.
I've been told off for eating a chocolate bar for breakfast too. I don't really like eating early and he told me to grab something quick. So I did.
Eye contact has always been the biggest problem in my relationships. I'm ok with fleeting side ward glances, but nothing full on and invasive. I don't understand why a man wants that. It's weird. I've watched people doing that and it's like they're on drugs. I don't want to be looked at with drugged up eyes. It's creepy.

New Threads

Top Bottom