• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

Two bananas, 8 organic mushrooms, and 1 expensive, small organic avocado. Much more interesting is the last thing I found, a golfer's towel which I identified, laundered and gave to my neighbour.

20220930_160800.jpg

I found these awesome retro ecosponges and loved the designs. I decided not to use them for their intended purpose, instead I framed them and hung them on the kitchen wall. Frames came from Amazon. The whole project took about 30 minutes total for an awesome deco piece.

Fawlty Towers DVD :D Still funny 47 years later. When I was a kid I Ioved this show and I had a small crush on Polly. :hearteyecat: Such a shame they didn't make more episodes.

1664572700401.png

A vinyl by Crobot, one of the opening bands at last night’s GWAR concert. They put on an amazing opening act, so I bought their vinyl at the merchandise table. I got the last vinyl they had in stock, and it is a blood red vinyl, which I think is quite cool.

A bushel of apples, half yellow ones, half red ones.
The yellow ones might be some kind of yellow delicious.
The red ones are jonagold.

Most of them will be part of my suppers and breakfasts
for awhile.

Last week I got a half bushel of macintosh. (They aren't
gone, of course. I just want to get the good apples from
the market while they are available, instead of having to
buy them from the grocery store.)

20221004_165057.jpg

Racing Champions Popeye cartoon cars
L to R:
Brutus: 1937 Ford coupe
Sweet Pea: 1963 Corvette split window coupe
Olive Oyl: 1956 Chevrolet Nomad wagon
Popeye: 1957 Chevrolet Belair coupe

20221004_165411.jpg

L to R
1962 Volkswagon Beetle
Goodyear blimp
1998 McDonalds issued NASCAR racecar
(Did you know that racecar spelled backwards is still racecar?)
1959 Chevrolet Impala
1968 Mustang Cobra Jet
1932 Ford sedan delivery

Not counting gas or groceries, the last thing of substance I bought was two weeks' worth of work clothes and a dressy pair of shoes. That was back in July. Guess what? But the slacks don't fit anymore--Oops! I have two potential employers looking at me and now only half a wardrobe. And the shoes I wore only once? Would you believe that when you lose twenty pounds, your feet shrink, too? (Who could have known?) Now, if I can hold off on clothes shopping and drop another fifteen pounds, I have tons of clothing the next size down...

View attachment 86248
L to R
1962 Volkswagon Beetle
Goodyear blimp
1998 McDonalds issued NASCAR racecar
(Did you know that racecar spelled backwards is still racecar?)
1959 Chevrolet Impala
1968 Mustang Cobra Jet
1932 Ford sedan delivery
My dad had a (4.5 litre I think) orange Mustang here in the UK in the seventies untill 1984 ish.

Edit: found it, yes it's not exactly orange :D In my defence I'm sure he had it sprayed as he did with an old softop Alpha Romeo Spyder too.
It's parked by Henry 8th's Southsea castle.

Attachments

• 20221011_154421.jpg
    20221011_154421.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom