• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

Yes, there was a nuke kit that had 4 radioactive ores in it.
I actually wonder if any kids that bought and used that thing got sick later on considering the radiation was live and even a tiny bit of it made women painting radium on watch hands very ill in a short period of time?

I actually wonder if any kids that bought and used that thing got sick later on considering the radiation was live and even a tiny bit of it made women painting radium on watch hands very ill in a short period of time?
Na, I understand that it would have been considered a very low dose and not likely to have been consumed.

The "Radium Girls" were licking the paintbrushes, polishing their nails (and teeth, and...other body parts), and were under the impression radium was harmless--because their employers never told them of the dangers. That was a tragedy of greed and atomic energy right there.

Some miscellaneous stuff from the past week.

Yes, another book. Lol
This one is about German Shorthaired Pointers, not English Pointers

550A5C34-C552-4AAB-B874-825C9D80C8A1.jpeg

A couple of dog bandanas

7A37CC7C-65F0-4A0C-9266-3C0C9B618ADC.jpeg
C6B840E7-E657-4646-BF79-602902F13440.jpeg

Some hats for my hiking trip next week… I didn’t used to be a “hat person,” but heat + long hair turned me into one. Lol

63BB2B49-7145-4F0A-BB78-0D1780B43D47.jpeg
072755A5-D3FC-4F57-AC3B-41E6716EA8F8.jpeg

And this sticker, I’m planning on getting a very similar design (of a Pointer and a Dogo Argentino) as a tattoo at some point.
872658DB-1BE4-4501-8665-09A7B1EE6E44.jpeg

As if I didn't have enough books already, here's several that I just got today that I probably won't get to until next year.

books.jpg

I tried to pick up a game engine to learn gamedev on, and the reseller tried to swindle me out of $20! Thankfully PayPal was cool enough to give it back within minutes (these guys must have a terrible reputation and I'm an idiot for not looking at reviews in-depth beforehand), but now I'm going to have to save up my spare change fund in order to get the version directly from the developers.

No real loss here, just kind of sucks! I was looking forward to making stuff and now I can't

Five pounds of pretty near organic broccoli, delivered to the cooler in the back of my car when the farmer was in town. It had been forgotten in the set-up for the farmer's market last week. A receipt for my account in my email alerted me that it had arrived.

i bought a 2 litre tub of mackies vanilla ice cream from the corner shop. i smashed up some hobnobs and sprinkled them all over and ate the whole thing.

A great, big industrial shelving unit. My new place lacks storage, and a lot of stuff is either stored on the kitchen table or in my bedroom closet.

I've been anticipating this delivery for a couple weeks, and it just showed up!

It's made of plastic, but it's heavy duty and says it can withstand 750 pounds. To install, it seems like I just insert the legs/pegs into the holes on each shelf. Do I dare try to before my daughter gets home? I think it's time for fun.

New Threads

Top Bottom