• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Fate of the Mood Ring

Glytch

Heyooo, everybody! I wasn't sure which category this would fall under, so I put it here!
Anyway, I would like some input on a decision I've been trying to make.

So, I have this mood ring that I bought a while back, and I'm not sure what to do with it. And before you say something like "wear it, of course," let me explain why that's not a preferable option. I got the mood ring on my first date with Amanda, and now... Let's just say I don't wanna have to keep looking at it. I put it in a little puzzle box (that's a box that is a puzzle, not a box that holds a puzzle) on my desk in my room for now, but I still have a decision to make: what should I do with it?
I came up with a few ideas:
1.) Leave it where it is.
2.) Throw it dramatically into the Mississippi River.
3.) Mail it to Amanda.
4.) Bury it in my backyard and make a map with cryptic clues to find it.
5.) Smash it.
6.) Your idea, whatever it may be.

So! Should I do one of those? If not, what should I do with it? I'd really appreciate some advice.

Does it have any resale value? If it no longer holds sentimental value, there is no reason why you can't resell it. It no longer fits.

Hi Glytch. You might want to just tuck it away somewhere to one day in the future maybe run across it and have some good memories.

Donate it to a resale shop, run by a charitable organization.

Does it have any resale value? If it no longer holds sentimental value, there is no reason why you can't resell it. It no longer fits.
I don't want to sell it or donate it. That doesn't seem personal enough. If I get rid of it, I'm getting rid of it in a meaningful/dramatic way... also, I doubt I could get much for it.

Not to sound rude, but what part of "I don't want to see it" don't you understand? (The mood ring, I mean.)

Well I figured it might be less visible to you hanging from a chain at chest level, especially if it was under a shirt. Also it seemed every other practical suggestion had already been made so I was left with grasping at straws.

I'm dramatic too.
Usually I will give things back to the person as a sign of "Goodbye."
Once I did take a gold medal that a boyfriend gave me and walked out on the pier and gave it a good
sling out into the bay.
One day we met by chance and he asked what I did with the medal.
If I didn't want it, he'd like to have it back and asked if I still had it.
To which I replied: "Yes, it's still around. If you want it you'll have to walk the plank!"
Let him go figure.

Couldn't find a good video of it, but this topic reminds me of the song "Mood Ring" by Root Boy Slim (late 70s):

You broke my mood ring,
You broke my mood ring,
You made my mood ring SWEAT

I probably didn't read the first post right since I was half asleep. I personally would smash it and then maybe throw the remains into the river.

@Glytch
What you do with the ring sounds like a non-issue, to me.

Decide what you're trying to accomplish regarding the girl
and you'll know what to do with the ring.

Couldn't care less.

Now if it was one of these, it would be different.

nnn.jpg

plp.jpg

I got one of those Marvel Mood Rings.
They were out of stock of Spiderman, Hulk and Captain America, but the one I ended up with was made of cheap metal which made my finger Thor....

I'll get me coat.........

Throw it into the Missisippi River.

Or you could make a paper boat and float that down the Mississippi river, where some unknown stranger will find it and have ring adventures of their own. Likewise, you could hide it in some nook or cranny with the story of the ring and why you're giving it away. Pick a name at random from the Yellow pages and mail it to them, anonymously. Leave it as a tip in a restaurant (with a note so they don't think it's lost). Give it away for Halloween. Perform an exorcism on it while reciting the psalms. Hold a funeral and then bury it. Ask a real witch what to do with it. Bake it into a King's Cake. Attach it to the end of a kite, fly the kite, and let it go. Likewise with a helium balloon. You could write a message or farewell on the kite or balloon. Give it to some kid on the street and tell them that it's magic. Bury it but plant a flower or tree on top of it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom