• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Disney challenge.

SageRose

I'd like for those of us who are interested, to pick a Disney male or female character that you think could represent your life experience, whether it's from an autism view or a general view (if you're NT), and explain why you chose that character.

ex. I pick Ariel because like Ariel sacrificed her tail (a natural part of her) in order to chase after a futile overrated purpose (the man she fell for), I sacrificed my real self for many years just to fit in to what my social environment deemed right.

You go ahead and pick someone too :)

While there isn’t a Disney character that represents my life fully the one I relate to the most is belle,she lived in a village where people thought she was weird because she loved stories and was passionate about it and I really relate to this because I grew up feeling like I was odd and different from my peers and I was also picked on for my interests by other people which included my father,I always felt as my husband puts it a fish out of water which makes me think that I also relate to Ariel because she loved collecting and was trying to adapt to a foreign world.

Last edited:
While there isn’t a Disney character that represents my life fully,the one I relate to the most is belle,she lived in a village where people thought she was weird because she loved stories and was passionate about it and I really relate to this because I grew up feeling like I was odd and different from my peers and I was also picked on for my interests by other people which included my father,I always felt as my husband puts it a fish out of water which makes me think that I also relate to Ariel because she loved collecting and was trying to adapt to a foreign world.

That was beautiful Adora :)

I'd relate more to Cinderella - only without the fairy Godmother and prince Charming to rescue me.

I'd like for those of us who are interested, to pick a Disney male or female character that you think could represent your life experience, whether it's from an autism view or a general view (if you're NT), and explain why you chose that character.

ex. I pick Ariel because like Ariel sacrificed her tail (a natural part of her) in order to chase after a futile overrated purpose (the man she fell for), I sacrificed my real self for many years just to fit in to what my social environment deemed right.

I Pick Jack Skellington from nightmare before Christmas because I love both Halloween and Christmas and just like him I long for something more (Jack's Lament) and I also get just as obsessed with something that peaks my interest as he does with Christmas and sometimes i don't think to the consequences but in the end i try to make it right and finally i also love music like him and I'm good at what I do.

Elsa. She's born different from those in the kingdom, and does not really learn to cope until much later. She hid herself away from everyone and her feelings (conceal), rather than to learn how to control them, because those situations are scary and people don't always understand. With support, she learned to be more open and was able to function in society.

Elsa. She's born different from those in the kingdom, and does not really learn to cope until much later. She hid herself away from everyone and her feelings (conceal), rather than to learn how to control them, because those situations are scary and people don't always understand. With support, she learned to be more open and was able to function in society.

You made me gain an interest in Elsa xD

Winnie the Pooh! :D Someone like that silly bear in the real world would be eaten alive! And I was. ;) ( did the wink make that less depressing? :cool:)

Great thread! I love Disney! :)

I pick Hades because he has anger issues and I have anger issues

Beast because I am seen as scary by people who don't know me, but sensitive, caring and protective by those who know me. Also Beast was smarter than he looked, lonely, and just looking to be understood. Also he was actually very soft and vulnerable emotionally even though at first he comes off as strong and gruff emotionally.

New Threads

Top Bottom