• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Dark Arts

316529573_487529436691501_7732747891922081737_n.jpg

Ed

All of them. People breaking into singing and dancing. It makes my blood boil.

Mind you, the same goes for singing in unison and harmonies. I find it deeply troubling.

Ed
Realize that dark topics are not shied away from in many American musicals. Here in my mind is a powerful juxtaposition. I tend to listen to the ideas.

Last edited:
To me, the subject matter is irrelevant when the medium used is probably carcinogenic to me considering how angry it makes me feel.

Glee? More like despair.

But on the opposite end of the scale regarding subject matter - metal, rap, grime, trap etc. The lyrics and content are an utter shambles. Yet I appreciate the medium and genres.

Ed

Dave Archer Art. My once girlfriend and I would occasionally wander into his studio in San Francisco back in the mid-eighties. Fantastic work using unique mediums involving electrocuting acrylic and resin paints onto glass surfaces.

latest

Last edited:
To me, the subject matter is irrelevant when the medium used is probably carcinogenic to me considering how angry it makes me feel.

Glee? More like despair.

But on the opposite end of the scale regarding subject matter - metal, rap, grime, trap etc. The lyrics and content are an utter shambles. Yet I appreciate the medium and genres.

Ed
I cannot divorce the message from the content.
Thinking about a Green Day song.

Ed
So we need more metal, rap, grime, and trap about monsters and dark things.

New Threads

Top Bottom